Can you guys tell me how good my computer is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boricua_pr

Solid State Member
Hello;

I dont know much about computers. I currently use my computer for gaming.

This is my specs in my computer...

Processor: GenuineIntel Family 15 model 3 2.8 GHz
Stepping 4 (2 CPUs)

Bus Type: PCI, ISA, USB

Memory: 768 MB (41% Utilized)

Hard Disk: 80 GB

Video: 800 x 600 in 64K Colors, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 Ver. 6.14

Any inputs I will really apreciatted. Also Im having a couple of problems some times when I play Civilization 4 the game will freeze and my computer will re-start. Anybody can tell me what could be the problem? Also can I get website that will sell cheap computer parts?

Thank you

The Puerto Rican

The gfx card is ultra low end, the processor is pretty bad, sorry, your ram is an ok amount.

Its a dell aint it?

Anyways, on a performance scale of 1-10 id give it a 3-4

its not horrible....

its dual core, so thats pretty good, even though its a tad slow.

you could add 512mb of ram, and upgrade your video card (depending on your video slot).

StylinGolfShoes said:
its not dual core no p4s were
it has hyperthreading which makes the computer think it has two cores

yeah I think that's right. Your computer is decent, as long as it does what you need it's a good computer. I'd just get more ram, upgrade your video card, and possibly get another Hard Drive IF you need the space.

Since he's an extreme novice, he probably wont want to attempt building his own. His computer will be alright if he just gets a graphics card for it.

You will probably want to set your resolution above 800x600. Even web pages are starting to demand more than that. Set it to 1024x768, and you can always use large fonts if you have a hard time reading the text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom