Can I use the 8pin EPS 12V cable/plug to power a low end motherboard?

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi everyone!

Ok, I just noticed the cheapo Ultra LS 550 Watt PSU I purchased new for $9 has the 4 pin 12 volt atx plug for powering the 8 pin female plug on the ECS A880LM-M motherboard.

I also noticed the Ultra LS 550 Watt PSU has an 8pin EPS 12V cable w/ male plug.

Can I use the 8pin EPS 12V cable/plug to power the ECS A880LM-M motherboard?

Or, must I use the 4 pin ATX plug to power the ECS A880LM-M motherboard?

Components:

NEW Ultra LS 550 PSU [$9]
NEW ECS A880LM-M [$23]

Last question:

If I must use the 4 pin ATX male plug to power this motherboard, does it matter which side of the motherboard female 8 pin I plug the 4 pin ATX male plug into?

Please help me if you can.

Thanks,

Soar

Attachments

• epc plug.JPG
    epc plug.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 8 pin mb.JPG
    8 pin mb.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 18
Hi everyone!

Ok, I just noticed the cheapo Ultra LS 550 Watt PSU I purchased new for $9 has the 4 pin 12 volt atx plug for powering the 8 pin female plug on the ECS A880LM-M motherboard.

I also noticed the Ultra LS 550 Watt PSU has an 8pin EPS 12V cable w/ male plug.

Can I use the 8pin EPS 12V cable/plug to power the ECS A880LM-M motherboard?

Or, must I use the 4 pin ATX plug to power the ECS A880LM-M motherboard?

Components:

NEW Ultra LS 550 PSU [$9]
NEW ECS A880LM-M [$23]

Last question:

If I must use the 4 pin ATX male plug to power this motherboard, does it matter which side of the motherboard female 8 pin I plug the 4 pin ATX male plug into?

Please help me if you can.

Thanks,

Soar

use the 8 pin EPS plug for the 8 pin motherboard.

for future reference, if your PSU only have a 4 pin atx plug and you have a 8 pin motherboard.
look closely at the shape of the pins and the motherboard. the 4 pin atx plug should only fit into one side of the 8 pin connector.

use the 8 pin EPS plug for the 8 pin motherboard.

for future reference, if your PSU only have a 4 pin atx plug and you have a 8 pin motherboard.
look closely at the shape of the pins and the motherboard. the 4 pin atx plug should only fit into one side of the 8 pin connector.

Thank you FC. Yes, the EPS plug worked fine, exactly as you said.

I never realized the 4 pin plug can only be inserted one way into the 8 pin connector.

I will remember this for future references.

Soar

Back
Top Bottom