Can I Do Better Than This? (UK) New Build With £520

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
Im using scan.co.uk I welcome any other site recommendations.

With £520 (trying to spend as little as possible but with still decent specs) I managed:

CPU: Intel C2D E6550 £104.80

Motherboard: Asus P35 S775 FSB1333 DDR2+3 £78.60

RAM: 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair TwinX DDR2 667Mhz £38.23

Graphics: Sapphire Radeon X1950GT 256MB £75.59

PSU: 580W Tagan TG580 PSU £75.38

Case: Antec P182 £82.12

Totalling £470

The graphics card i will upgrade to a 8800 in a couple of months. I have a monitor, mouse, keyboard and OS.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to save more money, you could get this.
Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

Dont let the lower cache and speed fool you, because once overclocked to about 3.5ghz or higher, it performs the same as if the e6550 was at 3.3ghz or so.

Just get a good aftermarket cooler so it will be able to maintain good temps.
Get this mobo- its a great overclocker and its cheaper too.
Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

well all the uk members will be able to be more helpfull with the prices since i live in the U.S

But consider the parts i recommended, they will still be cheaper and better in the end.

Other suggestions:

PSU: Corsair HX 520W
520 is more than enough, great PSU, and modular to boot. Save you a 10er there

MoBo: Gigabyte P35-DS3L or even the -DS3R are great choices. I wouldn't recommend combined DDR2-DDR3 (no real reason for this, just why pay more/ risk more problems for something you don't need). I have a P5K deluxe, which is a great board, but the standard P5k, I have no experience of. The Gigabytes come highly recommended on these forums, and many have experience with them. Get the DS3R if you want a RAID array (I wouldn't recommend)

If you're really on a tight budget, you could save a lot on the case as well

EDIT: I've only used overclockers, and had a successful RMA with them. 1 order with scan that went fine, but can't vouch for them. You'll read bad reviews for everywhere. Just check the price of the same order at a variety of places.

good build, i would get a Hiper Type M 580W though, just preference, i have one and it runs sweet, tidy cableing, and cheep and reliable.

Cheers peeps, ill look over your recommendations.

One thing, the Gigabyte P35-DS3R supports RAM speeds of 800 to 1333 but I have chosen 667 RAM for its price.

Will this be a problem or will the mobo just work at the slower speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom