can i connect fan wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8killaz

In Runtime
i got 4 case fans with the molex connectors and i want to connect all the fan wires and connect all 4 to one molex and connect that molex to my psu. will this cause damage or slow my fans down rather than connecting them to 4 different molex connectors or no.

hard to explain but ill cut of the molex and leave one and bridge the other 3 wires and solder them to the single molex connector

im asking this because i want a contant 12 volts goign to each so they spin at max speeds

I've got 22 different fan in my PC :D

It's the amp's or the wattage that you should worry about. Different fans of the same size usually have different power requirements. 120mm fans like a Delta can consume 15+ watts while a 90-100 cfm fan can consume 6-10 watts and super silent/slow speed fans can consume as little as1-2 watts. Can you give us a link to the fans and one to your power supply?

I've got 22 different fan in my PC :D

It's the amp's or the wattage that you should worry about. Different fans of the same size usually have different power requirements. 120mm fans like a Delta can consume 15+ amps while a 90-100 cfm fan can consume 6-10 amps and super silent/slow speed fans can consume as little as1-2 amps. Can you give us a link to the fans and one to your power supply?

15 amps would be 180w at 12v. That's impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom