Can any one suggest a PSU for me? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via AIM to KingAustin

Originally posted by Paul_Wall_117
Could you possibly give me a newegg link?
Does the internet not work for you? I'm pretty sure it's as simple as typing in and then towards the top in that nice little search function they have you can type in hiper.

E6300 w/ AF7 Pro 3.11ghz
Gigabyte DS3
2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
7900GT w/ Zalman vf900 650/800
Z-5500 Digital Speakers
22" Chimei + 19" BENQ
XClio 3060
Old 09-07-2006, 06:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

Originally posted by KingAustin
Does the internet not work for you? I'm pretty sure it's as simple as typing in and then towards the top in that nice little search function they have you can type in hiper.
Of course I have already done that, but I couldn't find the specific model that was posted. After looking and not seeing that name, I decided that it must be some sort of short name or an intahweb slang term, then asked for him to point out the specific model. It obviously isn't sold on newegg, so it doesn't matter, and I would like it if when you post a suggestion, make sure it is in stock and preferably on newegg, I usually don't look elsewhere. Provide links if at all possible.

And austin, stop flaming me. I have done nothing to you, lay off. At least help instead of being sarcastic. If you aren't going to help or do something that actually qualifies as contributing, don't post at all.

(for those of you who don't know, he was really flaming big time in another thread, this is extremely mild compared to what else he said)

You read my entire post, then read my sig? What tremendous effort! You win an internet!

Here\'s a quote I saw once on a /b/ forum a while back, I think it\'s funny:

I\'ve been thinking of \"Heck\" lately. If it even exists, it\'s got to be a much nicer place than \"Heaven\". I mean... all the gay men are down there. You KNOW it\'s well decorated.

Note that I do not in any way condone homophobia or am in any way homophobic. I merely thought that it was clever.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #13 (permalink)
Camera junky

why would he need over 550 i got 450 and got lots of space left plus his cpu is more energy efficient with the core 2 duo u dont need that much power so i sugest a 450 wat or 500 wat for expandability but if u later pla on getting one of the 8 sereis cards or teh 8 sereis ati equivelent i sugest somethign along the lines of 600wat psu
intel Core I7 4770k@ 4.0ghz-Nvidia GTX980-MSI Z87G45 mobo-8gb ddr3 Corsair Vengeance Blue-ADATA SX900 128gb ssd 2x in raid 0 500gb hdd and 1tb network drive- EVGA 750w bronze-NZXT RAZER H440 LE-55 inch samsung 8000 series LEd-BENQ XL2411Z-Logitech z906 THX 5.1, Microsoft sculpt KB Razer NAGA 2014
Old 09-07-2006, 08:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Originally posted by dcc
PSUs don't wear down, it either works or it doesn't. You may find that a rail isn't providing the proper voltage, but that is a failure, not wearing down.
Yes, they do.

Closed Thread