Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordsikan

Solid State Member
I just saw this card:
NVIDIA Quadro FX Go 2500M 512MB
It's £250 more than
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 Go GTX 512MB

I understand the quadro one is for 3D design and CAD, so I am wondering will it outperform the 7900 in games considerably, or is the advantage only really visible in CAD or 3D design. Also, how would the quadro card compare against 2x the 7900 with sli.

Also, a quick question on the side: I have been looking at high end laptops and all the best laptops have either Intel Core Duo T2700 2.33GHz or AMD Turion 64 ML-44 (35W, 2.4GHz, 1MB) or AMD Athlon 64 FX60 Dual Core. I have been looking for bechmarks to compare these, but I am either no good at it or they are not about, so I am wondering which of these three is better (perfomance wise).

Thank you

I'm pretty sure the 7900GTX would be better for gaming, although don't quote me on that, what I am sure of though is that if the quadro did have any little bit of edge over the geforce, it wouldn't be worth 250 quid more ><, I'm almost certain though that 2x 7900GTX's in Sli will greatly outperform the quadro in gaming.

Hope I was of some help :)

quadro has completely different drivers.. so it would run like crap in games... you'd only notice difference in cad.. so if your going to play games.. get the 7900 if your doing cad and 3d work get the quadro

and the core duo is superior to the turion 64... but merom should but out soon to replace that and is to be ever better... soo you may want to wait

yep nosboot pretty much said it all, the quadro will suck in games compared to the 7900gtx.

I just thought... can someone explain why the AMD Turions say AMD Turion 64 ML-44 (35W, 2.4GHz, 1MB) are used in the more expensive laptops e.g. all the 19" ones I have seens as opposed to the Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz which is supposedly more powerfull?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom