C2D question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you need 3GB? You won't see any better performance gain over 2GB with Windows XP, maybe if your using Vista. Usually, from what I am told, XP runs less stable when you run over 2GB. If your going to buy new DDR2 ram, just get 2GB of DDR 667 or 800.

I already have the extra 2 gigs of ram. Its gskill pc2-533 just like my mushkin. Thing is i want to upgrade, and i was just thinking of getting a different board and oc'ing my p4 but if im gonna start spending all this money, i might as well get something that's gonna last me longer. Am i gonna have to run my ram at a higher freq?

so thats like ddr2 66mhz?

u'r not gonna like the performance u get outta that

Its normal FSB would be 266mhz. When i got my e6600, it ran 266mhz:

9x266mhz= 2.4ghz

So w/ a e6600, you would have just enough to run it at stock. But since its oc ram you may get it higher but your still going to be severely limited by your ram when you try to oc the C2D.

Thanks, thats all i wanted to know. Ive heard of that gskill going up to 667 pretty easily, so we'll see what i can do. But now that i know that i can run it with this ram ill spring for the c2d. Any recommendations on a nice mobo in the $100-150 range?

I have 2GB of g.skill DDR2 533 in my system and you can't overclock stably with this RAM (or at least high enough for you to even notice an overclock). Only reason I got 533 was I bought my PC when RAM prices went out the freaking roof and had to settle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom