buying a workstation for animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasworld

Solid State Member
hi,

i need help in buying a workstation . i am an animator n need to run 3d softwares like 3ds max and maya and also compositing softwares such as smoke, after effects, combustion etc.
also need to know hows the gaming experience in the machine i am buying.

the machine i am planning to buy is :

- dual AMD opteron 246
- ASUS K8NDL
- Nvidia Quadro FX 1400
- 4GB DDR2 RAM
- 250GB + 80 GB SATA HDD
- 17" SONY TFT

plz let me know if i should change ne of this keeping the budget near to this config,

thanks a lot

wasim

Crappy gaming expirience. That video card is strictly for what your job is, gaming is out of the question.

it's good for animation stuff, but surprisingly, even with that Quadro, it won't be that good at games. Well, it probably will still kick butt, but not as much as you'd think. Opteron should be good, is the 246 a dual core?

chevytrucknut said:
it's good for animation stuff, but surprisingly, even with that Quadro, it won't be that good at games. Well, it probably will still kick butt, but not as much as you'd think. Opteron should be good, is the 246 a dual core?

I belive he said DUAL... i might be wrong...

also wanted to know howsz the ASUS Vento 3600 cabinet and which psu i should go for ?

you'll need a high end one with all the stuff you're going to have, I'd say at least 550W. Some reputable brands are Antec, Enermax, Fortron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom