Buying Video Card and PSU Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

animeking77

Beta member
PC Specs

Video Card:
Newegg.com - EVGA 384-P3-N853-AR GeForce 8800GS Superclocked 384MB 192-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I know for a few dollars more I can get a 8800GT, but I'm not a hardcore gamer and this card seems like a good choice.

PSU:
Newegg.com - OCZ StealthXStream OCZ500SXS 500W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V - Power Supplies

My PSU Size: 5.9 W x 5.5 L x 3.5 H

This is my first time ever upgrading my PC, so I just don't want anything to bad to happen right after about it. A few questions before I buy these two things is, will everything fit? I heard the 8800GS was long, so I was wondering if it would fit in my tower. Is my PC compatible with them? Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

Depends on what settings and frame rates you expect.

It should be ok for that resolution, medium setting maybe 30-40 FPS..

COD4 it will have no problem with, but it may struggle a bit more with Bioshock..

Crysis will give you the most trouble.

But you want to play all these games and have them look nice you should at least get a GTS G92.

Or sli 9600GT's for 300 USD.

But I am a bit biased, as I can't enjoy any game unless it is completely maxed with good frame rates.

I have the non overclocked 8800gs and it will run Crysis with all high settings (except shadows) dx10 and playable fps (~30) at 1024x768. It should be very playable with the same settings in dx9. It will be able to max out COD4 without a problem at that resolution.

I dunno if you bought them already or not but i was going to suggest you buying a 9600GT for only 10 bucks more but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom