Buying soon... Need update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Well I am close to buying about 1-2 weeks off. I was wondering how it looks. I know I post a lot of these but I am actually getting to buy! :D How does my build look? (WISH LIST IN SIGNATURE) I am going into video game design in a year and university. Will this system be fast for a few years and able to play and create games for the next few years? Thank you for the help.

EDIT: I also plan to overclock and xfire/sli (depending on graphics card) in the future.

Are you using your corsair from you previous build?
If not what psu are you planning on?
Which biostar board are you looking at?

Seems like the 4890's are still a bit expensive and give off a lot of heat.. and plus I will be feeding a 19" monitor for now. I think the 4890 would be over kill. If I need to in the future I could bump up to the 4890 but the 4870 looks like it will do the job just fine.

Good board for the price. Only very small problem I have with it is only four ram slots although it does support triple channel, you just cannot run 6 sticks, but for now that is not a real problem.

So is there another board for the same price that is just as decent. I do need normal PCI slots for my computer still uses a dial up network and my firewire expansion card.

That is the thing. There is no other board in that price range I would recommend. Hence "good board for the price"

Next move is one of these but they are more money.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards $259 -$20mir
or
Newegg.com - ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards $249

New edition I have not heard much about but evga makes quality boards.
Newegg.com - EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX X58 SLI LE Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards $239 - $20mir
Could not quite tell if it supports xfire or not but did not spent too much time looking. If you are interested do your research to ensure that it does.

Make sure and check all of the combo deals with the i7 920 as most of these boards have a combo deal saving you another $10 to $20

Sounds good... I need to buy a modem too. Mine went out while I was away.. It isn't showing up anywhere so is there any difference in modems really? will one from walmart be fine? It is really bugging me out I don't have internet on my main comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom