Buying a server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gust_nul

In Runtime
Ive had an idea for a whle now about starting a webhost company.

I live in the uk though and everyone knows how far ebehind we are on our internet connection.
The highest i could find was 25mb downspeed, but im not sure of the upload...
would it matter what the upload speed is and whats the minimum speed i could have.

Also what do people think of this idea, and how much would a decent enough server cost me just to get started.

I dont have alot of money right now, but would love to get it started and see how it goes...

thanks

ps- if you think this is a stupid idea please say, but i know a guy making 700 a week and it costs him 200 a month to run it.

Sounds good but is it just too common now????

Hey,

You would want to look into Buissness Grade Broadband. Would be worth while contacting BT as they tend to handle broadband for schools and high-end buissness. My dad works for them and there are variations higher than 25mb.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/search.asp?type=advanced

Use that form and search around. there are different prices depending on your needs.

For a 2mb/2mb connection it's around 2mb, but it is worth contacting a supplier and asking about a dedicated Internet server package.

Just rent a server space. Its all in the upload speed and renting for $7 or < 4 pounds a month is much cheaper than purchasing a $3000 a month OC line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom