Buying New Pc, Which Computer Is Better???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3t@

Solid State Member
Hey, basically I'm going to buy a new computer so I can handle more games (any steam games, such as counter strike source or day of defeat source). I really don't have any knowledge on what graphics cards are good or any good processors, so I found this site and hope to find some people very well informed in those areas =P

EDIT: I've dumped the two other computer ideas since I found the site CyberPower Inc. - building the best Gaming PC is not only our profession, it is our obsession. I've customized a Mega Special III and here are the specifications. Tell me please if everything looks good for the price ($850) or if you have any reccommendations regarding the specifications (whether I should upgrade any parts as needed)

# CAS: ($20 Main-in Rebate) Apevia X-SniperG Mid-Tower 420W Case (Black Color)
# CASUPGRADE: NONE
# CS_FAN: Default case fans
# CPU: (Sckt775)Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8400 CPU @ 3.0GHz 1333FSB 6MB L2 Cache 64-bit
# CD: (Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
# CD2: NONE
# CABLE: None
# FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
# FA_HDD: None
# FAN: INTEL LGA775 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
# FLOPPY: NONE
# FREEBIE_OS: None
# HDD: Single Hard Drive (500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
# HDD2: NONE
# IEEE_CARD: NONE
# KEYBOARD: PS2 MULTIMEDIA INTERNET CONTROL KEYBOARD (BLACK COLOR)
# MOUSE: NONE [-5]
# MODEM: NONE
# MONITOR: NONE
# MONITOR2: NONE
# MOTHERBOARD: MSI P7N SLI-FI 750i SLI Chipset LGA775 Supports LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2/800 Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
# MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
# NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100 NETWORK CARD
# OS: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2 [+119]
# PRINTER: None
# PRINTER_CABLE: None
# PRO_WIRING: None
# PS_VGA: None
# POWERSUPPLY: STANDARD CASE POWER SUPPLY
# RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
# SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
# SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
# SPEAKERS: 600Watts PMPO Subwoofer Stereo Speakers
# TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
# TVRC: None
# UPS: None
# USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
# USBHD: NONE
# VIDEOCAMERA: Zonet USB Webcam with Motion Detection [+17]
# VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express [+79] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA [+5])
# VIDEO2: NONE
# VIDEO3: NONE
# WNC: NONE
# _PRICE: (+850)
# _view_: detail

It doesn't look like the Gateway comes with a monitor... so those 2 are not really very close in price.

If you had the money to get a monitor also, I'd say get the Gateway, but you'd probably wanna put down a bit extra to upgrade the memory.

Alright, that is very true. I have an extra Dell monitor, I believe that'll work correct? Now let's say I'm not going to upgrade the memory, based purely now on the computer specifications and not the involvement with monitors, would you still pick the Gateway over the Dell based on these specifications? If so, what parts are better. Thanks for the reply!

well i suggest not to take any of the 2 if you want to play crysis, just wait for the recommended builds of the experts here, they will recommend you a far more better build with the same price range. so just wait up till the experts give you a recommended build, or try to browse the forums.

Thanks for the replies, I've gotten the point that the original two computers I've posted weren't great for gaming, so I've just posted the specifications of a customized one I've found (I'm going to customizable computer sites since I can't build a computer myself).

Th3t@ said:
(I'm going to customizable computer sites since I can't build a computer myself).
Bullcrap. Putting a rig together is not hard. It is easier than putting a model car together.

If you really want someone you have never met putting your computer together out of parts you may or may not have ordered, go ahead... but don't cop out with, "I can't." At least be honest and say, "I'm too chicken to try."

Or I'll just be honest and say that I'm 16, therefore I'd have to buy each part through my parents and there's no way they'd let me spend all that money on parts for me to risk putting it together (they know nothing of computers). If I was older and I ran myself that **** yeah I'd buy the parts and I wouldn't doubt that I'd be able to do it, I'd much rather learn the technical parts of computers myself and build them, but honestly I'm just not in the right position to be able to build myself a computer right now.

Or I'll just be honest and say that I'm 16, therefore I'd have to buy each part through my parents and there's no way they'd let me spend all that money on parts for me to risk putting it together (they know nothing of computers). If I was older and I ran myself that **** yeah I'd buy the parts and I wouldn't doubt that I'd be able to do it, I'd much rather learn the technical parts of computers myself and build them, but honestly I'm just not in the right position to be able to build myself a computer right now.

My parents used to think that 6 years ago when I built my first P4 rig at age 10!

Still thought the same thing after I built my current rig 3 months ago, but after you really show them how easy it was, they'll never let you buy a new rig ever again!

Plus, we'd made total n00bs who know bullcrap about PC's a little more hardware proficient

Okay, im probably gonna be thought less of for posting my PC Building company, but if you feel you really cant put it together yourself, check out my link in my signature.

Maybe something like the DeltaGT (under MidRange) and ill upgrade the hard drive to the 640GB for you and give you a better cpu. But yeah, only if you feel you cant do it yourself because like anyone else i have to make a profit no matter how small it may be.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz or Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz
CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
DIAMOND Radeon HD 4850
Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB
SAMSUNG 20X DVD±R DVD Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom