Buying a new laptop tomorrow morning need help URGENT!

electroperc

Beta member
Hi every one, recently I sold my macbook white late 2009 (I think) and I'm looking for a pc notebook/ultrabook because I work now with rhinoceros 3d and as you might know mac version of rhino sucks

I bought a qosmio x875-q7380 but is too heavy to carry around between my office and my home.

I'm thinking about buyng an acer v3-551-8469 ($400) (acer aspire v3-551-8469 nx.rzaaa.008 notebook pc - amd quad-core a8-4500m 1.9ghz, 4gb ddr3, 500gb hdd, dvdrw, 15.6 display, windows 8 64-bit, black at tigerdirect.com) or a lenovo ideapad s405 ($480) (amazon.com: lenovo s405 14.0-inch laptop: computers & accessories)

My budget's around that.

I need to buy this thing quickly because I'm out of notebook in my office, so I was thinking about getting it tomorrow morning.

I need you guys to plz help me deciding wich one to buy because I don't want to make a bad move here.

Thank you all very much and sorry for the ugly english :(

P.S. This is another option http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-59344050-G580-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B009AEPKPM/ref=pd_sim_e_3

Last edited:
I don't know anything about rhino 3D but I notice that both laptops come with Win 8 installed. I would make sure that rhino 3D works with Win 8 otherwise you will need to install Win 7.

In my opinion I would go with the first laptop you have listed from tigerdirect. From what you have said you use it for business and the first laptop had a tad bit faster processor. The first on comes with a bigger screen which for me is a plus. I love bigger screens. Im not a big fan of windows 8 but why not go for the latest OS. Both laptops tie in hard drive size and ram and have the same hard drive speeds. I would no doubt in my mind go with the first laptop.

Thanks m8's went with the acer and im enjoying it right now, the procesor is pretty fast, compared with qosmio's one (it's not faster but renders pretty well)

I'm wondering if I had chosen the lenovo I would be crashing mi head with the keyboard ( wich some ppl said feels pretty cheap)

I got courious and installed some games. I love nfs saga, so first got underground 2 and went grat at max config, then most wanted (2006) went great too with max config, then carbon exactly the same results, then postreet and the game lagged with max conf. so I placed somethings to medium and runs pretty sweet.

After that test I was wondering if would run Diablo III..... surprisingly it ran.
Full config in video and it doesn't get even a minimal lag.

I'm pretty happy with the choice you pals helped me to take.

If someone needs future or specific specs of the machine, do not doubt about messagging me.

Again sorry for my bad english

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom