Buying a new gaming computer - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2011, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Buying a new gaming computer

I need some help buying a gaming PC or semi-gaming pc (lower ram or something). I really need to get a new computer due to me loving to play games, I have two fps games named Combat Arms and WarRock. But I want this computer to play MW2 at at least medium-high graphics. The computer that I have now only have 1gb RAM and very low CPU and GPU. My cash limit is around $500-$700 (not sure yet). I would upgrade the current one, but I don't wanna go spending my time looking at sites and not having them compatible. My current PC specs is

gfx card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Revision: A2
Core: 425 MHz
Mem: 100 MHz
Size: 256 MBytes

AMD Athlon Neo MV-26
Specification: AMD Athlon™ Processor 2650e
Core speed: 1607.4MHz
Multiplier: x 8.0
Bus speed: 200.9 MHz
HT link: 803.7MHz
Cores: 1

So please point me in the right direction for a low cost gaming PC

Old 01-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
muffin enthusiast
Default Re: Buying a new gaming computer

yea your current pc is on the weak side. so, are you looking to buy a pre-built pc that has some gaming possibilities or building your own? if you really wanna get the most out of your money and try to squeeze in the best parts you can get, building it yourself is going to be the way to go, but it's your call.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Buying a new gaming computer

Eh... Anything that has good specs that's also overclocable... I know laptops arnt good at all for gaming, but I really want one :/ but if you guys find something really good for the price rage above, link it... (this is the laptop I'm looking at: )
Closed Thread