Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-19-2007, 07:07 AM   #51 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29
Default Re: Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanto View Post
I have been curious about one thing, GrinchMan after reading some of your post it looks like you aren't planning in upgrading in a couple of years I'm correct?
Yes, I think most of my gaming will be this year because I'm joining the military.
__________________

GrinchMan is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 09:09 AM   #52 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 213
Default Re: Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

You can get a 20.1" off newegg for about $20 more, to take advantage of that video card and run 1680x1050
__________________

__________________
Athlon X2 Brisbane 3600+ @ 2.91Ghz
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
Biostar TForce 550
2GB Wintec AMPO DDR667 @ 831Mhz
Connect3D X1900GT Rev.2 580/1602
Hitachi Deskstar 80gb SATA + 80gb WD Caviar IDE
Fortron FSP Group 400W (18A/16A 12V)
http://service.futuremark.com/orb/re...=0&UID=9889664
5122 in 3DMark06
rx7i2 is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #53 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29
Default Re: Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7i2 View Post
You can get a 20.1" off newegg for about $20 more, to take advantage of that video card and run 1680x1050
So can you tell me which on of these 20.1" screens that belong to a good known company like samsung and such?
GrinchMan is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #54 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Phanto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 603
Default Re: Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinchMan View Post
Yes, I think most of my gaming will be this year because I'm joining the military.
Well in that case in my own personal opinion you should go with the build that b1gapl post at the start of the thread it has everything you will need, and you won't need to build another PC in a couple of years because thats one heck of a rig.

Heres the list of suggested parts: from b1gapl

Case - Thermaltake Armor
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 or e6750
RAM - 2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 CAS4
Graphics - EVGA 8800GTX
Power Supply - Corsair 620HX
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 16MB Cache
Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Optional Aftermarket HSF - Tuniq 120
Monitor - Samsung 216BW 21.6" 5ms
Mouse & Keys - Microsoft S82

Good luck in your build, oh and post some pics after you assemble it.
__________________
i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
MSI Z77A-G45
16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600MHz
Corsair HX650w
eVGA 670 GTX 2GB
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB
ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz, Samsung 24" S24B300, Samsung 22" 226BW & HP L1908W 19" (Quad Monitor Setup)
COOLER MASTER HAF 912
Phanto is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 01:58 PM   #55 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

If he wants it, to last a little longer, he should go with the Q6600.
__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 02:28 PM   #56 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29
Default Re: Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanto View Post
Well in that case in my own personal opinion you should go with the build that b1gapl post at the start of the thread it has everything you will need, and you won't need to build another PC in a couple of years because thats one heck of a rig.

Heres the list of suggested parts: from b1gapl

Case - Thermaltake Armor
Motherboard - Gigabyte P35-DS3R
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 or e6750
RAM - 2 x 1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 CAS4
Graphics - EVGA 8800GTX
Power Supply - Corsair 620HX
Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 16MB Cache
Optical Drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
Optional Aftermarket HSF - Tuniq 120
Monitor - Samsung 216BW 21.6" 5ms
Mouse & Keys - Microsoft S82

Good luck in your build, oh and post some pics after you assemble it.
The thing is I have a problem. Money.

That's why I decided on going with the e6550 and the 8800GTs 320 instead. Isn't that good enough?
GrinchMan is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #57 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

Yea...that is plenty good enough, to last you a couple years.
__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #58 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29
Default Re: Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gapl View Post
Yea...that is plenty good enough, to last you a couple years.
yup, that's what I want.

So..What about the monitor?
GrinchMan is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #59 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

I would suggest the Samsung 216BW 21.6" 5ms. It's not that much more than 20.1" monitors.
__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 07-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29
Default Re: Buying a New Gaming Computer 1650$ Budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gapl View Post
I would suggest the Samsung 216BW 21.6" 5ms. It's not that much more than 20.1" monitors.
****, that's is really really cheap. I bought a 19" screen for about 350$.

And I don't get it..In Israel there is only a few monitors that are 21"1'. and 21"6 there is only 2
__________________

GrinchMan is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
POST Troubleshooting Guide SYL\X/3K Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 7 03-07-2009 11:24 AM
Gaming computer with home theater? Pepsiboy700 New Systems | Building and Buying 2 07-13-2007 09:02 PM
Gaming system for a budget of only $1000 Mechtech3000 New Systems | Building and Buying 19 06-19-2007 08:19 PM
Extra budget for gaming rig... Goober New Systems | Building and Buying 3 04-13-2007 04:27 AM
Computer Freezes, while gaming and ect. hasse Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 0 04-10-2007 07:23 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.