Buying new computer, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lostprophets

Solid State Member
I am going to buy a new computer. It is used and the price is $450. I live in Australia if it makes any difference.
Anyway heres what it is.

Amd athlon 64 3500+, nVidia mother board with sata, pci-e, on board sound, ethernet creative audigy xfi sound card 230Gb of combined HDD space 1 Gb of memory nVidia Extreme Nforce 7800Gt 256mb Video Card A stack of software and drivers included on disc as well as video card manuals. Windows Xp upgrade is already installed and the cd as well as windows 98 is being sold with it.

motherboard - nvidia
video card - nvidia
processor - amd athlon
cd/dvd - sony
cd/dvd burner - writemaster

Chip Type: AMD Athlon 64
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Memory (RAM): 1 GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 230 GB
Brand: Custom
Primary Drive: Combo
Features: Firewire, Keyboard, Modem, Network Card, Operating System, Sound Card, USB
Condition: Refurbished

Would you say this is a good deal? Is this a good computer to buy for a typical gamer?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong category)

you will save abit by building it yourself yeah.

you will also need a power supply aswell..................

Im from uk so cant help with links to sites.

What would you recommend for me to get as a video card? It's not like it needs to play games like Crysis but what is a typical one?

Lol!! how is it cheap!
These card goes for 170 with shipping and tax, but still thats a hella alot of money.

I would say you go for a 256 ddr3 256 bit card, MUCH MUCH cheaper, and still as good. (based on my thinking)

You could go like with an AMD Build and use a 780g board as the Video Card, I use it right now and its pretty powerful

and it overclocks well too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom