buying a mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

santa

Baseband Member
I'm looking for a good mouse to buy for playing fps games. I am currently using a crappy microsoft laser mouse, i want something with like 2000dpi. perhaps a logitech g5? or a razor diamondback? also if anyone sees a good deal for these would you be so kind as to post a picture here so i can get to bestbuy or something and get a matched price? thanks :D

I've got the 1st gen g5 and I love it... feels great in my hands and conforms perfectly to my palm

2000 dpi is overrated lol... all it does is make aiming super super fast... since the sensitivity goes crazy

supposedly its "incredibly accurate" and "pixel perfect", but it doesn't really do much at all..

one gripe is that most games have very high default sensitivity so when you try to lower it to adapt to 2000 dpi, the sensitivity bar is already at the near bottom of the spectrum

what mouse would u guys recommend then? im waiting till i find a good one to sell a razer tarantula for it

i also have the first gen g5. i don't use the mouse on full 2000dpi alot but its nice to have, and the direct dpi changing on the fly is easy with the buttons on the mouse. the weight system isn't all that usefull but its also nice to have.

i also have the first gen g5. i don't use the mouse on full 2000dpi alot but its nice to have, and the direct dpi changing on the fly is easy with the buttons on the mouse. the weight system isn't all that usefull but its also nice to have.

I actually love the weight system, its great because it can make your mouse range from pretty light to relatively heavy, its a great mouse for people who have picky feel

i never said i didn't like the weight system, i use it. (all 8 4.5 gram weights) its a nice addition but ultimately unnecessary.

i never said i didn't like the weight system, i use it. (all 8 4.5 gram weights) its a nice addition but ultimately unnecessary.

and a gaming mouse is? lol... talking about necessities is never correct... technically we don't need anything for our PC's... we could run a $200 machine just fine

Get your hand around a few different mice and see what feels right to you.

I prefer Razer mice, as I like the feel of them. Some like a contoured mouse. Find what's right for you.

The Copperhead and Death Adder are both great mice. I love my Lachesis, but it is a tad overpriced. Even the Diamondback is awesome... the Copperhead basically fine-tuned a couple of things from the Diamondback.

NewEgg currently has the Diamondback, Copperhead, and Death Adder on sale:
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom