Buying Monitor for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoop7

Solid State Member
Hello, I'm having trouble deciding on a new monitor. I'm looking to spend no more than about $300. My dilemma seems to be deciding between the most massive monitor I can find and a balance between size and picture quality. To be honest, though, I can't say that I've ever used a monitor and actually thought the quality was bad so perhaps my eyes have low standards.

I've been looking at these three Hanns-G monitors in particular:

Newegg.com - Computer Hardware,Hanns-G,LCD Monitors,1920 x 1200

Does anyone have any input? What are your recommendations for gaming?

Hey, thanks for the response. My current monitor is a Samsung and I've been very pleased with it, so those were the first monitors I looked at. I really wanted a resolution of 1920x1200, so I didn't give them much consideration since I would have had to go a bit above my budget to buy a 1920x1200 Samsung. However, I'm beginning to change my mind.

Now you've got me looking at Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2443BWT-1 Black 24" 5ms Widescreen Height Swivel tilt & pivot Adjustable LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1 (1000:1)

It's more expensive and has a smaller screen than the Hanns-G monitors I was looking at, but probably produces a better picture. I also like the height adjustable stand. And judging from the pictures, the Samsung is a lot better looking. I'm still not sold on anything just yet because the 28" screen is tempting. Although I do have a question regarding resolution and screen size. How is picture quality affected when you increase the screen size by such a large amount without an increase in resolution? Will a 28" screen give a noticeably less sharp picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom