Buying a laptop: which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmac07

Solid State Member
Hello,
I am going off to college next year and have decided to buy myself a laptop (not really, it's required...). I want something that is decent to play games on (I play WoW), and so i decided on:
Newegg.com - ASUS F3 Series F3JP-AP035C-A NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7200(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 1GB DDR2 667 120GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon X1700 - Retail

But, then I saw this one:
Newegg.com - ASUS F3 Series F3JP-AS096C NoteBook Intel Core 2 Duo T7200(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA+ 1GB DDR2 667 160GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon X1700 - Retail

so, basically I am wondering if i should shell out the extra $170 for the WXGA+ and 40g more hard drive space. I personally have no idea what the difference is between wxga and wxga+ because I haven't bought a comp in awhile, and so I am not sure if it is worth the money. The extra hard drive space is a bonus, but I will buy an external drive anyway so it isn't that important. Thanks for the help,
kmac07

yeah the only real benefit of the second one i can see is a slightly bigger hd, but you can get your own hd and replace the stock one anytime. I would go with the first, all of the performance determining specs are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom