buying a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiram

Solid State Member
need help to choose a laptop

dont really know much about laptops.
I am interested in buying a laptop to playgames (world of warcraft) i had two laptops in mind but i dont know what to do my spending limit is under 600 first one is

Compaq Presario 2100 2.4 GhZ 512 ram 40 Gig Hard Drive - $250 its a used one of course

second one is

Compaq Presario V2720WM 14.1" Wide Laptop, 1.8 GHz Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3100+ $578 this is from walyworld

i really dont know what to do if you huys could help ty

p.s i do have a desktop computer to play the game but i want something portable as well

those will not play games, unless you really like starcraft or diablo 2.

Gaming laptops include:
Some asus models
Alienware
Falcon-NW
Dell XPS
Acer has some laptops that might work too....

or if you have 20 grand to spend:
voodoo

Basically find a laptop with a video card... something as good or better to a x1300 or 7400

after reading your post again...GMA 950 can handle wow...

Go look at HP or gateway. They make cheap lappies.

Inspirin e 1505 is a cheap one with dedicated graphic which can play most games...wow at max no prob.

Look at Compaq laptops, same as HP but their lower end models are chaper. All you need to play WoW is the integrated radeon/nvidia you can find a decent one in your price range from www.compaq.com

the compaq i found has from walyworld has a Video Graphics and Video Memory: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M IGP with 128MB DDR (shared)
Ultra-quick processor

Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3100+; processor speed: 1.8 GHz

Excellent memory

Memory: 512MB 333MHz DDR System Memory (2 Dimm)

Spacious hard drive

60GB (4200RPM

It'll run your games, just not too well. I would very highly recommend getting a Turion over the sempron. WoW also really needs 1gb of ram to run lag free one most systems and connections.
Like I said, check www.compaq.com and you hould be able to configure one like that for not much more $

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom