Buying from iBuypower.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeleryGoblin

Baseband Member
Has anyone made any purchases there?

I've heard an equal amount of good and bad things about them, and was wondering if they're worth buying from.

Thanks.:)

They're OK-ish. But like all others, they can't match a system custom built by one of the guys on here.

I mean...who uses 6600s anymore? :p Oh wait! I see 6600s in SLI! :eek:

They have some nice-looking cases though.

early this year i was thinking about buying a system form the site too but lately i heard nothing but bad news about them that their motherboard are defected and components are no compatable, as you stated you heard equal amount of good and bad things about them so that mean 50 percent is good and 50 percent is bad, is that right? so would you buy a product that's defected every other one. so why not just build one by your self.

I almost bought there and ended up building my own. I checked the exact stuff I bought and wound up only 50.00 less. Although I got a fortron PSU which they dont have.

A friend bought a nice sli set up with two 7800gt's and had no complaints.. So I think if you are not building and want as much as you can for the price they are out there.

What about their laptops?
I was looking at the Athlon 64 based one (Battalion something), and configured to a decent amount it was only like $1100, which is not bad at all, but if it breaks in like 6 months I would rather spend a few hundred more for a better brand.

laptops suck at gaming, for 1100 bucks you can get your self a prety good desktops.

Thanks for your intelligent insight wxt38, but some of us already have gaming desktops and would like a laptop that can run games when away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom