Buying High End PC - Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palit is a great brand. I don't think they're as popular or well known around these parts. But here locally they are. They're a big sponsor of PDXLan and have a lot of support here locally, they do make a good product, I think they're relatively new here in the states. They make some pretty far out video cards.

That would be a big bummer, I'll have to check out if that's true or not. That would be quite sad, if it's true, they sure didn't last long in the American market.

Hey Pinscher, Thanks for the reply.
After looking into it I've decided not to buy a new computer.
Reason is that my comp at the moment is fine for most games, it can run pretty much every game.
Farcry,FEAR,Cod & wow all on high
Crysis,UT3 on low-medium

So i think ill hold off and wait for DX11. or if i get impatient ill buy in November when Cod 6 comes out ;).

Thanks HEAPS for all replys you've given me more insight on how to build my PC's in the future.

The 47xx line will be coming out from ATI in May. 40nm graphics processors. Sweet. ;)

Intel and AMD will have out some new CPUs by then. DDR3 should be more stable and cheaper by that time as well.

Palit is a great brand. I don't think they're as popular or well known around these parts. But here locally they are. They're a big sponsor of PDXLan and have a lot of support here locally, they do make a good product, I think they're relatively new here in the states. They make some pretty far out video cards.

Yeh they are a very good brand, but they didnt do very well in the states. They are still the worlds largest videocard manufacturer. And they make alot of hardware for other card companies.

The 47xx line will be coming out from ATI in May. 40nm graphics processors. Sweet. ;)

Intel and AMD will have out some new CPUs by then. DDR3 should be more stable and cheaper by that time as well.

Hopefully the 47xx will be coming out as the same time as windows 7, and have DX 11 ;)

Are you refering to Larrabee or Westmere?

Hopefully the 47xx will be coming out as the same time as windows 7, and have DX 11 ;)

I don't think Microsoft has officially confirmed this, but theirs been a good amount of talk about DX11 also running in Vista. Also, re-read what Trotter posted. The 4770 is coming out in May. Windows 7 does not have an official release date yet, but Q1 of 2010 is expected.

Before i go ahead and buy this beast would you guys recommend going for the p6t deluxe or rampage?
Also if i overclock the CPU will it decrease its life span,etc?

Before i go ahead and buy this beast would you guys recommend going for the p6t deluxe or rampage?
Also if i overclock the CPU will it decrease its life span,etc?

My vote would be for the rampage.

And yes in theory overclocking does decrease the life span of the CPU. However, i personally have never had a CPU fail one me. And thats through 8 CPUs. So yes if it takes a few months off, thats not really going to matter if the lifespan is 15 years, because you will probably upgrade in a few years anyway. CPUs are just about the highest quality component with the longest lifespan of any computer part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom