Buying Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanzk

Solid State Member
I have graphics card (MSI),NVIDIA GF6 (PCI-E), NX6800GT-T2D256E

I need your view about upgrading this card should I buy two 7900GT or one 7900GTX. Also my friend told me that new Graphics card will be releasing in a month so wait for a month or not? or wait for six month till Windows Vista is launched?

Waiting for your detail answer

i say get one 7900gtx and when the games really start get demanding i would just get another one. one 7900gtx is plenty to play games on max right now. i can play my games on max w/ my 7900gt. by the time you would have to upgrade(not for long time), the gtx would be much cheaper then it is now. i dont think that many games are sli supported. (correct me if im worng) most if not all will be by the time you upgrade.

i haven't heard anyting about the next nivdia series of cards, but they'll probebly be overkill, and they will be a lot of money.

New cards should be out pretty soon so waiting for them would be a Good bet as you would have full compatability with DX10.

However if you don't want to wait I say get 2 7900GT's as they are cheaper than a single GTX and give better performance, especially at higher resolutions.

or just get 1 7900gt ko, then wen the new cards come out get those, sli is a huge waste of money

john3 said:
or just get 1 7900gt ko, then wen the new cards come out get those, sli is a huge waste of money

Yeah if your running a 1024X768 resolution..........

for people with 20" Monitors, SLI is very nice when they want to crank up the details specially AA and AF in games such as F.E.A.R. and Oblivion.:rolleyes:

Yes I agree sli can be misleading and somtimes a waste of money, but it does have its benifits.

Personally I would get 1 x1900xt and OC the bahjesus out of it....but thats just me.

X1900XT is my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom