Buying gaming system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBlack

Beta member
Hey,
Im looking to buy my first desktop specifically for gaming. Ive been having a look around and im having alot of trouble matching up all the different specs i need, particularly because of my budget.

Im currently studying at Uni, and im slightly limited financially with only about 400 pounds to play with.. Which is limiting me quite a bit.
Game wise id like too be able to run WoW and WAR on reasonable graphic settings. Aswell as FPS like CS:S, DoD:S, TF2 etc..
Reading this back i get the feeling im looking for a miracle, anyone know of a good desktop that would suit?

Thanks alot.

you should be able to get a pretty decent gaming rig with your budget, but we need to know if you also need a monitor and OS, and other things like a keyboard, mouse etc.

Yeah sorry.
It would have to be a package deal (mouse, keyboard, screen etc). Ive decided to hold off on getting something online and purchase something when i go home at Christmas.
What would you say i would need spec wise for an average gaming system? In GBP if poss.

cant really say. prices will surely change between now and christmas time.

for a gaming rig though, i would say some minimal specs in your price range would probably be any of the athlon ii (duals, triple, and quad cores) or phenom ii ( most likely the duals and triples, quads would cost more) for cpus. and for gfx cards probably like a 4770, or any of the hd 48xx series cards. with 2 or 4gigs of either ddr2 800/1066 ram or ddr3 1333/1600 ram.

but again, im pretty sure prices will change but i guess something like those ^ could give you a ballpark idea, even if its a little vague >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom