Buying a Gaming PC soon. Help needed!

as for going down processors, just be weary of bottleknecking yourself, also it helps for streaming if you ever want to get into that, its generally better to have even quality parts all around than to max out all on one thing but shirk off another. its like buying a race car but only focusing on the engine, you have potential to go fast but if your tires can't grip or your frame can't handle the power then you aren't going anywhere (also my post was meant to be posted much earlier but i was new so it had to be reviewed, it makes less sense after all this discussion lol)

Last edited:
The SB-E is slower than the Haswell, and neither CPU will bottleneck any graphics card currently. Plus, the setup outlined before has a better SSD option, a less overkill PSU, and a few other things.

not much point to an ssd other than fast boot up, the psu average really, and when you say faster i assume you just mean in ghz?
An SSD does more than just boot up a PC faster.
The PSU is 850w, which is overkill for a single GPU setup.
No, SB-E is 2 gens behind Haswell which is about 25% faster in single threaded performance. I go into detail in my stickied thread on the top of this sub-forum about that stuff.

770sli! It's only 150 more than a single 780 and destroys it... I know first hand a 780 alone will not play crysis 3 full quality @2560x1440... my dual 770s get 60/70 fps... And metro last night can still drop to 30/40 sometimes

But if you are staying 1080p. The 780 will definitely play every game full quality and have you with the option of getting another later

770sli! It's only 150 more than a single 780 and destroys it... I know first hand a 780 alone will not play crysis 3 full quality @2560x1440... my dual 770s get 60/70 fps... And metro last night can still drop to 30/40 sometimes

But if you are staying 1080p. The 780 will definitely play every game full quality and have you with the option of getting another later
He has a budget to go by and 770 SLI is out of budget.

Wasn't there a 1500 dollar build on page 1? With the tower price of 1800 being okay? I kinda skipped like 3 pages so I might have missed something lol....And I just plain hate browsing on my phone lol

1600, which I think was lowered. The single 780 rig I built was peaking 1500 already with only a 620w PSU which would need to be bumped to 750w for the SLI 770s. That was with a RAM/OS combo, which he decided he wanted 16GB instead adding about 50 bucks extra.

If there's something I should change or modify from my list earlier, please notify me. The total must me under 2000. I know almost nothing about internals, but is there something better than the 780 and is less money? Will the 780 even give me the high quality? Little confused..

Back
Top Bottom