Buying a Gaming PC soon. Help needed!

ImSofaKingAwesome

Baseband Member
Hello everyone. Well, I honestly don't know a WHOLE lot about computers, but I know that gaming will be in my life for a very long time. At the moment I have an Asus K-Series laptop, and I really want to upgrade to a desktop. Ill be running graphic needy games like Infestation Survival Stories, BF3, Skyrim, and fallout. Not saying all of these games will be installed, but I want a tower that can run these games hopefully on high settings. Ill also be playing games like League of Legends, WoW, Minecraft, and many more. I want to try my best and stay at least below 2000, but the tower might have to be at least up to 1600 dollars since I need to buy a Monitor, mouse, keyboard, and anything else. Luckily I have the Astro A50s, so speakers will not be needed. I've been looking at the Cyberpower Blackpearl, but I don't know if I can find better or not. Then someone recommended me to look at centauruscomputers.com which looks like I will find my pc, since they look professional and have so many options for customization. What do you guys think? Should I get the "Delta" pc from Centaurus, or get the black pearl? Moniter, mouse, and keyboard suggestions would be nice as well. Apologies for the vague explanation, but I honestly don't know much about interns when it comes to Nvidia GeForce GTX 600s and such. I can use all the help I get.
Thanks!
-Kyle

A 1600 dollar PC will max anything you toss at it IF you custom build it. If you're willing to do this then I will get cracking at making a parts list for you. After I watch Top Gear UK (just got home)

That would be great. The thing about Centaurus, they are custom built as you can see in the picture. Your list will be very helpful. But please watch Top Gear, you cannot miss that. :p

Attachments

• image-879434645.jpg
    image-879434645.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 10
Custom built, as in you put it together and choose all the parts. You get better quality, and you're not charged for extra nonsense. Not to mention, for the same price you'll pay for one of those, you'll get better hardware on top of that better quality. For starters, 1600 bucks will buy you an Intel 4670k based rig, with an SSD, a much better Seasonic PSU, a 1-2TB drive, with 1600MHz RAM, and a GTX780. <--- that right there will demolish the list pictured.

Yes, those sights are great, but what PP (and I agree with) is you can BUILD it yourself. Not only do you know the parts that were put in, you can FIX it later on, if something goes wrong, 'cause guess what... YOU BUILT IT.

I knew very little when I started out. I started on this forum and learned that sites like those are great for people who don't care where money goes, and think they are getting the latest "thing" in builds. When I found out how easy it was, I never looked at a pre-built again. That was over 20 builds ago.

It's your money and your call, but either of us cannot express how easy it is (not to mention satisfying) it is to build your own machine.

Sigh.

I don't even know how to build, where do I learn?
Can I have a breakdown of EVERYTHING I need? I want the tower at least under 1800, and the monitor will be a 300 dollar 27".

You can have a beastly machine built for 1600 easy. I know the lists break down, but the point is you get more for your money when you build it yourself. Much more.

I would not get a 27" unless it is 2560x1440.

The easiest way is to go on Youtube. There are plenty of videos on how to assemble a PC.

For example, this setup is less than 1500 and will easily do what you want, with room to spare on how big of a HDD you want, choice of case, more peripherals, whatever.

And this will honestly run mostly everything smoothly with highest settings? Could you guys also help by suggesting Monitors, keyboards, mouses, and anything else ill need for the setup? Being a beginner, I honestly don't know anything about building, so I can use all case and HDD suggestions or options....Looks like I'm going to be on YouTube for a long time...

That setup will max everything out there at 1080p currently on the market. I don't even think it would struggle with 2560x1440.

Still haven't watched Top Gear (company), now I'm going to lol. So, I shall return.

Back
Top Bottom