Buying Gaming Laptop for First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister Inveigler

Solid State Member
In less than a month, I'm moving back to New Zealand from Switzerland and my lovely desktop won't be making the trip with me. It's unlikely I'll be able to ship anything for a very long time either and circumstances will probably prevent me from buying a new desktop or consoles for quite a while.

As such, I'm thinking about investing in a laptop to continue scratching my gaming itch and thought that the Alienware M14x with the default setup would be acceptable.
Details zum Alienware M14x Notebook | Dell

(I understand the link is in German, but Dell doesn't provide the same technical specs as they would in the US. Change "ch" for "us" if you want to see what the US offers)

I've never used a laptop for gaming and I'd appreciate any advice you guys could give me.
Ideally, I'm looking for a computer that will allow me to play Space Marine when it's released and since there are no system requirements for the game yet, I have a feeling that anything I buy is going to be hit or miss. I'd prefer not to spend too much either, as moving back to New Zealand is going to expensive already.

Thanks so much for your help.

I would stongly recommend that you do not go with alienware as they are known for overcharging, putting dodgy parts in and having shocking customer service. Unfortunately i do not know that much about laptops and how to build them yourself (if you even can) so i can't help you out there

Check out the ASUS ROG series of laptops.....my son bought one with an i7 and a 5870 gpu and it screams for a lappy.....cheaper than alienware slso.

The only thing is...it is huge.

Hey Whirlwind. Thanks for the recommendation, but the only option for buying them in either Switzerland or New Zealand seems to by importing them and that's going to cost me even more.
It's a shame, but I just can't seem to find any other options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom