Buying on Ebay - Pros and Cons

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDaddyGator

In Runtime
I am seeing some good buys for items like internal hard drives, CPU's and the like on Ebay. If I buy on Ebay instead of Newegg, will I lose the manufacturer's warranty? Any other thoughts?

Buying on ebay is good if the prices are far lower. I do think that the warranty is still there but if it doesn't work, some sellers won't accept returns. Other sellers scams and some send out bogus products.

Ive bought quite a few items from eBay and only had bad luck with one of them. But that was only because I didnt check the specs first... I ended up getting a Slot 370 PIII for a Slot 1 board, lol. So long as you check the part out, have good contact with the seller, and make absolutely sure it will work with your current setup, I dont see any problem with eBay.

If you take your time and have patience, you can find good deals.
I bought a 40gig hd last month and paid $15shipped. HD is running great on a simple pc that I built and sold.
Last week I bought a 15"lcd for $64shipped and it is in like new condition. Very good deal.
So if you shop around and with a little patience and luck, you'll find a good deal.
Good luck

Pro: sometimes prices are lower. Find products not made anymore.

Con: Possibly no warranty. Quality of the item being purchased. Might get ripped (sucked when it happened to me)

I've been using ebay for about 5 years now...both buying and selling.

Watch of for sellers feedback.
Make sure they have a good amount of feedback and that its 100%.
If its less than that....look up the negative comments and find out the reason.
I've got a couple negative because some buyers are plain stupid.

You will get the best support from a retailer...sometimes spending the extra couple bucks is worth it.

You could also check this website out, you could be on it for hours...
Slickdeals.net

Newegg is still better. I compared a bunch of items and they both equal out.
I do not anything about NCIXUS, so i cant say much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom