Buying a complete gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvinator 1994

Beta member
I apologize if I've chosen the wrong forum...

I have found a brand new desktop for sale on eBay...

The product includes a desktop with mouse, a keyboard and Windows Vista that can be upgraded to Windows 7 for next to nothing. Here are the specs:

Features:
Acer Aspire X1300 Desktop PC
AMD Phenom X3 Triple-Core (8550) 2.2GHz Processor with 1536KB L2 Cache + 2048KB L3 Cache
4096MB DDR2 SDRAM
1TB Serial ATA Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 8200 Chipset with Integrated Graphics - WILL REPLACE FOR A GEFORCE 9800GT
SuperMulti Optical Drive
Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 1)

Back to the point... could this macine run games like StarCraft 2 at high detail... or Modern Warfare 2 for example. I'm not looking for a PC that can run Crysis on high detail with no lagg, but I'm just curious as to what this PC can do.

Since it's branded... will Acer's pointless software slow it down? Can it be removed. I'm aware the chipset is bad, but at that price I'll go for a GeForce 9800 GT.

TLDR: This desktop is on sale for £295 with Windows 7 for <£15... I'm looking for a gaming PC to run games such as SC2... is it any good?

If you need to know anymore information, just ask and I'll paste it into the OP

That has an integrated GPU and I'll be surprised if it plays any of the games you mentioned, unless you get the 9800GT you mentioned in which case it should play them fine.

That has an integrated GPU and I'll be surprised if it plays any of the games you mentioned, unless you get the 9800GT you mentioned in which case it should play them fine.
Yeah lol I'm getting sick of hearing about the intergrated GPU I know I need an actual GFX card. But the rest of it is good? Great news :tongue:

It's okay for the price. You could build better yourself for the same price, but it wouldn't include an OS so you save there.

It's okay for the price. You could build better yourself for the same price, but it wouldn't include an OS so you save there.
Yeah I mean with the OS it just seems like a good deal but I don't want to underspend and get something that won't run those sort of games at decent detail levels.

If underspending is a thought of yours, I'd have to say you'd probably be better going for a faster CPU.

doesn't seem like a good deal to me. The powersupply will probably not be able to power that 9800gt. Another question, do you already have a 9800gt or you plan on buying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom