Buying Advice? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Buying Advice?

Hi,

I'm fairly good with computers and I need to replace a hard drive inside my desktop. I was planning to buy a Seagate 1TB hdd. I normally buy from NewEgg, but I've found recently that their prices have been way too high. I did some research and found a site that had good prices compared to NewEgg. They have the Seagate I want and I wanted to see if any one new of the site and if it's legit. It's tech ingredients. The price diffrence with the drive is only $8 but I was thinking I could save if I started to use them instead.

I noticed they accept PayPal and that they have good reviews on ebay. But I just wanted to see if anyone here had problems with them, before I was to buy. I'll tell you how it went if I make the purchase.

Thanks

Packer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Buying Advice?

Get it from newegg. It's only 65 dollars.

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive - Newegg.com

bigdog33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer View Post
Hi,

I'm fairly good with computers and I need to replace a hard drive inside my desktop. I was planning to buy a Seagate 1TB hdd. I normally buy from NewEgg, but I've found recently that their prices have been way too high. I did some research and found a site that had good prices compared to NewEgg. They have the Seagate I want and I wanted to see if any one new of the site and if it's legit. It's tech ingredients. The price diffrence with the drive is only $8 but I was thinking I could save if I started to use them instead.

I noticed they accept PayPal and that they have good reviews on ebay. But I just wanted to see if anyone here had problems with them, before I was to buy. I'll tell you how it went if I make the purchase.

Thanks
Newegg's prices for HDDs are actually very fair compared to other big reputable etailers like Amazon. HDDs are just expensive now compared to what they used to be 2 years ago due to the inflation.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Hi,

Thanks for your help. What I think I'm going to do, is buy one from both sites. I can use the extra as a back up drive for my computer. I agree that NewEgg is probably a better bet but I'll wait to make any judgment until I get my drives.
Packer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Build Guru

I've never heard of them, but it's only 8 bucks. To each their own I suppose.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote