Buying 20+ Ultimate Gaming Computers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Fixed the link :)

ok I'll take a look at the product you suggested, Didnt really look through the whole thing when I was on it. Yeah all prices in AUD.

Second link is just a link to the Xgamer website.

By the way, That video card is only 256MB though.. Thats pretty crap, My friends 256MB Nvidia is very crap, but is that because its an older series? I dont really get why they make so many new series but with the same memory size :S

Is there a big difference between the $1999 and $1699 computers? There is not much of a price change so I dont mind getting it.

Second link doesn't have anything that can match the system on the first.

Memory sizes are a horrible way of judging a videocard's performance. There are X1300 videocards out there with 512MB of GPU memory and they perform like crap. There is no point in having large amounts of memory is the videocard doesn't need it, and most of the lower-end ones cannot utilize it.

We already know that the 7900GT kicks serious arse for a videocard, few even give a second thought to the memory size. Yeah, more memory is nice to have on a high-end card, but it's hardly a major performance factor.

There will be lots of WOW, Battle Field 2142, CS players, Is this video card good enough for that? WoW looks really good when played with a really good computer, Is this graphic card enough to make the game perfect with no lagging??

The $1999 system isn't that much better. It has an AMD processor that's roughly the equivalent of the E6300 in the $1699 PC. The main performance difference is that instead of a 7900GT, the $1999 one has SLI'd 7600GTs. That's a nice pairing, and would probably give slightly higher performance than the 7900GT. But only slightly higher performance, and certainly not enough to justify $300 more.

:)

Thanks for all the help Tri. Got MSN or yahoo? PM it to me please? (If you do). When this thing opens up I'll take photo's and stuff :) And you guys got unlimited access :)

7900GT > 7800GTX. :) Don't worry, a single 7600GT can play all 3 of the games that you mentioned at maximum. A 7900GT is a much stronger card (just totally forget about the memory size as a performance factor and know that it's about 1.5x as fast as a 7600GT).

dedb33t said:
:)

Thanks for all the help Tri. Got MSN or yahoo? PM it to me please? (If you do). When this thing opens up I'll take photo's and stuff :) And you guys got unlimited access :)

You post too fast. :p

No problem. I only have AIM though, not many people I know use MSN or Yahoo here in the states. A lot of people do, just not too many that I know, lol, so I haven't made accounts with them yet.

hahah. :)

I have email notifications on, so I just refresh the page and reply :) I think I have about 100+ emails from tech-forums now lol. I'll delete the m later. Well I gotta go and watch some good TV, PM me your AIM and I'll make one tomorrow or tonight (in a few hours) so we can talk more please :) Then I will see why everyone uses AIM instead of MSN :)

Not bad, but a bit hobbled for games. The deluxe game system would be better, IMHO, and if you can swing it, the ultimate game system would be excellent.

Since it is relatively cheap ($1399AU is not bad) and the 7600 is more than sufficient for those games, I would highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom