Buy Time - New Desktop for HD Video Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

themalmo

Beta member
Folks,

I'm an Alpine Ski Coach that shoots a ton of video that until recently was only ever watched on a crappy tv at the hill. I bought a new Panasonic SD-60 HD Camera and want to take all the 1-minute or so long video clips I shoot each week for each athlete, make one video and upload it to vimeo for them/me. At the end of the season, the plan is to make a DVD for the group. I have spent the better part of the last few days looking at all the forums, all the stickys and on newegg, tigerdirect, ncix as I'm in Canada...

Currently I am using my laptop and Corel Video Studio Pro and it is pretty slow going;
Dell Vostro 1500, Windows XP Home, Intel Core 2 Duo T5470 @ 1.60GHz, 2038MB RAM, Mobile Intel 965Express Chipset Family.

I am looking to buy a desktop that will cut down on the time it takes me to work with all of the video - editing, file conversion, uploading etc. I imagine this would be similar to a gaming setup but would feel much better trying to tap some of the wisdom on the forum. Should I just stick with my laptop given the budget or is it worth spending the $$

(I know nothing about overclocking)

Budget of about $550

What do you all think?? Really appreciate any and all insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom