To buy, or not to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambush

Baseband Member
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to ask a quick question. Im looking to buy a laptop for college but i was looking to spend around $3000 on it. I am mainly gonna use it for Adobe Photoshop, Music, Video Editing, and Games.

Should i go in search for a laptop now, or to wait till December?

P.S. I could also spend as max as $4000. And would anybody recommend a certain kind of laptop or brand that would also help out alot.

If as many people can respond with their opinions, that would be great thanks.

-ambush

Get a desktop. Chances are, you'll only be using your laptop outside your dorm or home or what not less than 5% of the actual time you spend using your computer.

Why December? Is there something specific that you want that comes out in December? I would wait a couple months for the Santa Rosa chips to come out since you can wait.

Since your budget is so high, I would recommend a Clevo/Sager. If you don't know, Clevo/Sager is one of the largest barebone manufactures. Alienware uses modded Clevo barebones (although Alienware sucks with their outrageous prices and horrible customer service.) They make amazing luxury-quality laptops that actually have reasonable prices for the performance you get. You can easily get a specced out one for $3000.

From www.rjtech.com (highly rated reseller with great customer service, member of Better Business Bureau, and has resolved complaints) you can get a Clevo 570U barebone with the following specs for $2800:
Display: 17 WSXGA+
Video Card: nVidia 7950 GTX 512MB
CPU: Core 2 Duo T7400
DDR2 Memory: 2GB DDR2/667
HDD: 100GB SATA 7200rpm
CD: 8x DVD+/-RW DL
Battery: 8-Cell Li-Ion Battery
Warranty: RM 3 Year

No December is my birthday, and my parents said that they would help on getting me the laptop, i just have to work up the extra money. I originally wanted to build my own computer, but i figured a laptop would be much eaiser due to mobility, can also be used at a desk, in class, etc.

Also do you all think that i should just go ahead and build my own PC, and dont worry about the laptop?

Well you could build a kickass desktop for like $2000-2500 and use the rest of your money to buy a cheaper, small laptop to carry around to class and stuff.

In my opinion, I would say that if you CAN wait until December without getting a new laptop or desktop, then do it... by that time, your money will get better hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom