Buy GT or wait???

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, if you are going dual cards, go crossfire with an x38 board and 2 3870s. Crossfire seems to scale higher than dual 8800GT and you dont have to give up a multidisplay setup. Heck if i can find 2 3870s, i might make you a deal on 2 8800GT cards and a 680i board ><

I am looking to upgrade as well, what should I do?

I have a 8800GTS 640mb, had it for a while. And I am looking to get a second one this xmas, but that will take up tons of space, create lots of heat, and suck up power, and will cost about 350 bucks. If I remember correctly. Should I sell it and get 2 8800Gt's? Much less space, etc.

What should I do?

And how much could I get for a superclocked 8800GTS 640mb? 575mhz clock?

@nOcLuE98

What game are you running? if that 640mb gts isn't cutting it? Crysis?

I'd say just hold out for 9000 series but thats just me
either that or maybe after the G90 revision of GTX (if there is one)

@nOcLuE98

What game are you running? if that 640mb gts isn't cutting it? Crysis?

I'd say just hold out for 9000 series but thats just me
either that or maybe after the G90 revision of GTX (if there is one)

I am running Crysis. But how much is the 9000 series gonna cost? 500? And how much can I make off of the GTS I have now?

Wouldn't a 640mb card run crysis pretty well, if it isn't i would just get another gts and keep that setup for like 2 years at least.

the amount of memory means nuthin in terms of performance to a certain extent.

unless by 64- card u just mean a gts would run the game well, which in this case it would run crysis ok on medium/high

Wouldn't a 640mb card run crysis pretty well, if it isn't i would just get another gts and keep that setup for like 2 years at least.

yeah, my GTS runs it just fine. On 1900x1200 on all high, but no AA. I dont know what the frame rates are, but they are not great. I just want faster. I think I am going to wait until the 9000 series in feb. I am in the process of selling my GTS now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom