Burnt DVD compatibility between computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprtnbsblplya

Daemon Poster
I just ordered a DL DVD burner and would like to make backups of all the random stuff in the My Documents folder to a few dual layer DVDs.
My question is this, can my Inspiron 600m with the regular DVD/CD-RW combo drive read a DVD-DL or do I have to use a single layer DVD for use with my laptop?

Also, when I backup my movie DVDs, can my Xbox play a burned movie DVD? (I know it cant play a game without a mod, but I'm not into pirating games and/or modding my xbox)

yes it will be able to read a dl disk. they are just like movie disks. the thing is the price difference. It is still cheaper to use single layer disks than dual layer. as for your xbox i do not know. I would assume it would not put pop one in and try.

Thanks hefemeister, by the way, how do you like your 20.1 Dell LCD for games? I'm looking at maybe the 2005FPW.

I love it. my brother has the 2005fp and plays a ton of WoW with it and says its great. btw it was the first fp he ever bought. He was always the guy who said true gamers would never own a fp. how things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom