Building a Workstation Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant believe you called the geek squad and payed money for help, when 75 percent of the people on here know 10x as much about computers then the geek squad

I went to one of the best in the country. Also I know people there and they gave me a major discount. Also, considering the problem, it possibly would have taken for ever for us to figure it out here.

Price at geek squad
  • Fix Problem
  • Install windows and driver and use a registry cleaner to speed it up a little.
  • all = $107 USD

• Here what it would have coast.
  • My time = Basically Priceless with two-a-days football starting.
  • Energy and frustration = Same as time ^ due to football
  • Work I need to do for $ = If I put off some jobs I have I would have lost money.
  • ALSO I would have to buy a new floppy drive, floppies. = $50
  • This = THINGS I DON"T HAVE TIME FOR

They did a great job too and saved me a bunch of work.

Maybe you should shut your mouth before you make assumption like that. Some people have lifes where their time is very precocious and don't site on there a** all day doing nothing important.

Your are ignorant.

what was wrong with it that you couldn't fix yourself???
and where the **** are you paying 50 bucks for a floppy drive??????
they are like 8 bucks around here at best buy

im guessing since you needed a floppy drive, it was a problem with raid in which you could of asked on here and we could of helped you and probably had it working for you in less then an hour?

you couldn't install windows??

im sorry i didn't realize i was dealing with someone who was very computer illeterate

Not true.

The best buy near me doesn't sell old floppies. They said they were pointless. So now they only sell USB ones for $49.99

Seeing that I'm 16 and don't have a credit card, I can't get one of the interwebs. I can't ask my parent for one because they would flip a **** if I asked to buy another peace of computer equitment.

My MoBo comes with SATA drivers, so I thought there would be no problem.
But, there was, I was getting a blue screen of death error and Googling it gave no haven.

I did try that stuff and even used a Diagnostic card to see if it was the hardware.

Turns out that the driver for the MoBo were blown to **** and all screwed up. Even after installing the ones on the site they still didn't work. GeekSquad basically had to write the drivers them selfs.

By what I knew, I couldn't figure it out. Geek Squad took 4 and 1/2 hours to figure it out with the computer right in from of them.
The only reason they did figure it out was because it was on their list of "Oh noes" is what they call it at there shop.

Its a list of what to do when you don't know whats wrong and start from the top and try everything that fits in the category.

I couldn't take the risk of trying to do it my self. I had crap to do.

If you're 16, your time is worth consideribly less than $107. I'm 17, so I realize this ;)

I doubt anyone at Geek Squad wrote a new driver...

You could have fixed it yourself ;)

This a bit off topic, but I was looking at work station cards and I came across a little gem called the Quadro FX5500. $2400 and apparently a total ANIMAL.

I love this quote from one of the reviews:

"Once again nVidia has proven to the world they are insane..."

lmao, I laughed at that for at least 5 mins straight.

This a bit off topic, but I was looking at work station cards and I came across a little gem called the Quadro FX5500. $2400 and apparently a total ANIMAL.

I love this quote from one of the reviews:

"Once again nVidia has proven to the world they are insane..."

lmao, I laughed at that for at least 5 mins straight.

that makes me laugh too..

If you pay $2400 for a video card, everyone should be allowed to beat the **** out of you.

If you're 16, your time is worth consideribly less than $107. I'm 17, so I realize this ;)

I doubt anyone at Geek Squad wrote a new driver...

You could have fixed it yourself ;)

When you do the things I do, and the little time I have to have fun and do things. It really is.

And I really wouldn't want to have fixed it my self, my patients is small and I would have sent it to them any way.

They had to change the driver, not write . I don't know quiet what they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom