Building Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrscientific13

In Runtime
I finally got the last piece for my computer today and started assembly. I have everything plugged in, and the computer turns on, everything spins and seems to work. They [PSU fan, CPU fan, GFX fan, and HDD] also continue to spin as long as the computer is plugged in. The problem is, my monitor won't get a signal from the graphics card. I have the DVI connectors all pushed in and even screwed in. What could the problem be?

I had the same problem with my pc, for some reason I had to put my videocard in pci-e slot #1 to get a signal. I got no signal if it was in slot 2, which is where I wanted it since I broke slot 1's latch. Although I doubt this is the same situation as mine.. it could be the card, the mobo etc.. :(

does your card require its own power supply plug? make sure that is plugged in, and then try re-seating the card in its slot.

The card is a 7900 GTO and yes I have it plugged in. Maybe I'll re-seat the card again, because I've tried both the power plug that comes off the PSU and the power plug to molex thing that comes with the GFX card.

On my first build I had the same problem. Problem turned out to be that I forgot to plug in the CPU power cord. Just go over everything to make sure it's all plugged in, you've might of missed something. If you're 100% sure you didn't miss anything, then your GPU may be dead.

What's your MOBO?

I have a GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard. I have, however, figured out the "no monitor signal" problem. I had the motherboard seated a bit askew, and when I screwed the card into the case it stretched it, and pulled some pins out. I re-attached the motherboard and put the gfx card back in, and it turned on. A stupid mistake on my part :)

I now have another problem. The hard drive that I have plugged in is not being recognized. I know it's getting power because it spins a bit on startup, and I have it plugged into the SATAII 0 port on the motherboard.

wow...that makes two simple mistakes finally corrected. I had the SATA cable in backwards. I reversed it, and my Hard Drive is now detected. I'm currently installing windows. My first build is officially complete. Now to go out and buy oblivion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom