Building today, What to expect? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
shan1784's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 396
Default Re: Building today, What to expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan008 View Post
y didnt u go for a e6600 cpu?
Long story short, didn't do the proper research before ordering.... Back in the day AMD was the best for gaming and I just assumed that it was still the case. Live and learn...

Oh well, gives me reason to look at upgrading in the future..

I've only been able to use a Compaq N800c laptop P4 2.0ghz, 512mb ram, ATI 7500 mobility series video card to game with. Playing any game at medium settings will be a treat...
__________________

shan1784 is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 11:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
shan1784's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 396
Default Re: Building today, What to expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gapl View Post
Some like AMD, some like Intel.
I would actually like both if possible ...
__________________

shan1784 is offline  
Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
shan1784's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 396
Default Re: Building today, What to expect?

Well I've got it built now... All looks good so far...

One strange thing that I noticed was my wireless mouse had a lag when clicking on things. Not every time but it seemed to be most of the time. I thought it may be a heating issue so I opend the case to let it cool, nothing.... I replaced the batteries, nothing...

I swaped to a logitech usb optical mouse and it was fine... So that's what I'm using now... Never had that problem before. Has anyone else?

Also, what are normal non-OC'd temps? I don't have any other fans in my case yet besides the PSU, CPU, and GPU. I'm going to get some regardless but just want to know what to watch for if it gets to hot...

Just played CS:S and I was getting 120+ fps on average with settings maxed... Very happy with my build...

Here are some pics of my build...




shan1784 is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 12:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
 
HAVOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Milford, Connecticut
Posts: 4,218
Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC
Default Re: Building today, What to expect?

Benchmarks?
HAVOC is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: Building today, What to expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan1784 View Post
Well I've got it built now... All looks good so far...

One strange thing that I noticed was my wireless mouse had a lag when clicking on things. Not every time but it seemed to be most of the time. I thought it may be a heating issue so I opend the case to let it cool, nothing.... I replaced the batteries, nothing...

I swaped to a logitech usb optical mouse and it was fine... So that's what I'm using now... Never had that problem before. Has anyone else?

Also, what are normal non-OC'd temps? I don't have any other fans in my case yet besides the PSU, CPU, and GPU. I'm going to get some regardless but just want to know what to watch for if it gets to hot...

Just played CS:S and I was getting 120+ fps on average with settings maxed... Very happy with my build...
If a regular USB mouse works fine, then it must be the wireless mouse that's having problems.

Normal non clocked temps are 30-40 on idle and 50-55 on load. Just try to keep it under 60C, through overclocking.

lol....of course you'll get 100+fps on CSS. It's not a demanding game. But a very cool build, none the less.
__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 07:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
shan1784's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 396
Default Re: Building today, What to expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gapl View Post
Normal non clocked temps are 30-40 on idle and 50-55 on load. Just try to keep it under 60C, through overclocking.
I'm using the nvidia monitor for temps. So right now cpu - 31C, system - 40C, gpu - 55C. This is in idle as I just turned it on... Should I be concerned that the gpu is already that high? After playing last night for awhile the gpu was at 72C...
shan1784 is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 07:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
shan1784's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 396
Default Re: Building today, What to expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
Benchmarks?

Yeah, I have never ran benchmarks before... What is some good software that I could use to run some???
shan1784 is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 07:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: Building today, What to expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan1784 View Post
I'm using the nvidia monitor for temps. So right now cpu - 31C, system - 40C, gpu - 55C. This is in idle as I just turned it on... Should I be concerned that the gpu is already that high? After playing last night for awhile the gpu was at 72C...
Those are great temperatures. 55 is not high for a GPU, on idle. The 8 series cards can run into the high 80s on load, and that's normal.
__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Super Techie
 
shan1784's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 396
Default Re: Building today, What to expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gapl View Post
Those are great temperatures. 55 is not high for a GPU, on idle. The 8 series cards can run into the high 80s on load, and that's normal.
That was just after I turned it on... Things are warming up a bit as all temps have gone up about 10C... I still have to get some case fans put in...
shan1784 is offline  
Old 06-07-2007, 07:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: Building today, What to expect?

Oh I forgot that you don't have any. Definitely get some case fans.
__________________

__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10 Reasons You Don't Need Vista Today Cyber.Logan New Systems | Building and Buying 47 08-15-2007 05:31 PM
E2140 and E2160 released today maroon1 New Systems | Building and Buying 6 06-05-2007 09:46 AM
Building Media Computer - Need Advice bigbaddog Computer Audio and Multimedia 5 04-12-2007 11:20 PM
Need some help choosing memory before I buy today guitarplyrstevo New Systems | Building and Buying 6 04-02-2007 02:52 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.