Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get this stuff:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

That plus your Scout and the i7 should equal out about 600 bucks. You'll need to spend more if you want a video card...I thought you already had one. You don't need a sound card, either.

Win7 has 32 and 64bit, yes.

Thank you for the info. Sorry for the confusion, what is the Scout? About the video card, I will most likely stick with what I got, but do you think I would need to upgrade to watch movies, play music etc?

About Win7 the one that I purchased at Amazon.com, how do i know if it is 32 or 64bit? I will probably have to send out an email to find out.

Do you think I made the right move by buying the upgrade Win7 or should I have went the Vista route?

This is what somebody else said, do you agree?

"I can tell you that it probably wasn't a good idea to order the Windows 7 Pro upgrade. It requires you to have an existing copy of XP or Vista in order to install it. If you had gotten a copy of Vista Business, then you would get the same upgrade package for free, and it would actually work. But most people really don't need the features of Vista Business or Windows 7 Pro, so I'd have recommended getting Vista Home Premium, and then you'd get the free upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium.

So, you should cancel your amazon.com order, then decide whether you're going to order Vista Home Premium now and get the free upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium or you're going to stick with Windows 7 RC, then get a non-upgrade version (OEM or retail) of Windows 7 once it is released. Either way, you'll end up paying about the same."

I am getting mixed reviews on what I should do.

Yes, you shouldn't have ordered the Windows 7 Upgrade. It requires that you have a previous version of Microsoft. You can most likely cancel your pre-order. Just contact Amazon about it and tell them that you need to cancel it, and they should refund you the money. What I was trying to say last night, was to get Windows 7 RC, which is the release candidate, and you can use that fully functionable up until spring next year.

The windows 7 RC has nothing to do with the Upgrade that you pre-ordered. If you google Windows 7 RC you'll come up with this. Just read that and you can decide then. But if you used that until it came out, it would be easier than getting an upgrade from vista, because you'll receive an upgrade copy, which from what I know requires you to have previous versions of windows installed and it makes it harder to reformat than just popping a full windows 7 cd in the drive and going from there. Also you'd have that extra $100 lying around until then.

Yes, you shouldn't have ordered the Windows 7 Upgrade. It requires that you have a previous version of Microsoft. You can most likely cancel your pre-order. Just contact Amazon about it and tell them that you need to cancel it, and they should refund you the money. What I was trying to say last night, was to get Windows 7 RC, which is the release candidate, and you can use that fully functionable up until spring next year.

The windows 7 RC has nothing to do with the Upgrade that you pre-ordered. If you google Windows 7 RC you'll come up with this. Just read that and you can decide then. But if you used that until it came out, it would be easier than getting an upgrade from vista, because you'll receive an upgrade copy, which from what I know requires you to have previous versions of windows installed and it makes it harder to reformat than just popping a full windows 7 cd in the drive and going from there. Also you'd have that extra $100 lying around until then.

I cancelled it and went with the Vista 64 with free upgrade to Win 7. Thank you. To let you know. I am starting a new thread to finalize my build. Look below.

Thank you all for your help so far. I am starting a new thread to help finalize my build. Check it out and whenever you get a chance, please give me your final thoughts. Sorry if this is repetitive, but I am doing this because it will help me finalize my thoughts.

New Thread - http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/c...ng-make-my-final-decision-211533/#post1681832

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom