Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc. - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 25
Default Re: Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

For the OS, Which Vista would you recommend I go for and why?

Newegg.com - Buy Windows Vista Now and Upgrade to Windows 7 for Free Later

Vista Home Premium 64bit $109.99
Vista Business 64bit $149.99
Vista Ultimate 64bit $189.99
__________________

rocknje is offline  
Old 07-12-2009, 01:00 AM   #22 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Nubbleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston/San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 837
Send a message via AIM to Nubbleet Send a message via MSN to Nubbleet
Default Re: Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

I would personally go with Windows 7 RC for free, it will last until sometime next year. And by then you can just buy a full copy of Windows 7.
__________________

__________________
4670K @ 4.4GHz 1.18v | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 8GB G. Skill 1866 | 128GB Crucial M4 | 750GB WD Caviar Black | MSI 7850 Twin Frozr | Megahalems | 650TX | CM690
Nubbleet is offline  
Old 07-12-2009, 01:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 25
Default Re: Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballer044 View Post
I would personally go with Windows 7 RC for free, it will last until sometime next year. And by then you can just buy a full copy of Windows 7.
Thank you for your response. Is it stable in your opinion? I don't think all my software will work on it, but then again somebody mentioned that if the software will work on vista it should in win 7.

Even if I go the Vista route now, I get a free upgrade coupon for the Win 7 when it comes out. So, I think I should go the vista route because of that coupon and plus I am getting a stable or real version software I guess you can say it like that.
rocknje is offline  
Old 07-12-2009, 01:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 25
Default Re: Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

I have made a category list for you all to see. Please click on the links below to see the categories. These are just a few items that I have either been recommended or came across of. I will be adding more.

Please let me know, which one you like. I will go with the product with the most votes.

Sound card List Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Memory List Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Video Card List Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg

Motherboard List Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg


Also, I might need to get a heatsink or cooler, if you think I need to get one which one should I get?

Thank you all again.
rocknje is offline  
Old 07-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Nubbleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston/San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 837
Send a message via AIM to Nubbleet Send a message via MSN to Nubbleet
Default Re: Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

Well, it is pretty stable, and a lot of people like it. Pretty sure all of your software would work on there. Also, it would help to get Win7 now and get used to it and be able to fully function in it when it comes out and you buy it, but that's just my opinion.

Sound Card: Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards
Memory: Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory
Video Card: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100258-1GHDMI Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
All of those MoBo's are great choices. But I would go with the EVGA E758-TR 3-Way SLI or P6T Deluxe V2 if you have the money to spend.
__________________
4670K @ 4.4GHz 1.18v | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 8GB G. Skill 1866 | 128GB Crucial M4 | 750GB WD Caviar Black | MSI 7850 Twin Frozr | Megahalems | 650TX | CM690
Nubbleet is offline  
Old 07-12-2009, 02:36 AM   #26 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 25
Default Re: Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballer044 View Post
Well, it is pretty stable, and a lot of people like it. Pretty sure all of your software would work on there. Also, it would help to get Win7 now and get used to it and be able to fully function in it when it comes out and you buy it, but that's just my opinion.

Sound Card: Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards
Memory: Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1600LV6GK - Desktop Memory
Video Card: Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100258-1GHDMI Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
All of those MoBo's are great choices. But I would go with the EVGA E758-TR 3-Way SLI or P6T Deluxe V2 if you have the money to spend.
Thank you very much for your answer. Why are you recommending those products? Are you using Win 7 right now? The problem is I missed out on the promotion. I might as well get vista and get the free upgrade to win 7.

What do you think of Auzentech? I was recommended this. They said it was one of the best.
rocknje is offline  
Old 07-12-2009, 03:58 AM   #27 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Nubbleet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston/San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 837
Send a message via AIM to Nubbleet Send a message via MSN to Nubbleet
Default Re: Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

I recommended the RAM/MoBo because I helped a friend of mine build his i7 build, and he used that RAM and the P6T Deluxe V2, and has very good results. I suggested the HD4850 because it is 1GB, and the 512MB model compares to the GTS250. So the 4850 1GB would be a much better choice over the GTS250 512MB. I recommended the Creative, because it was a good price, and I have had good experiences with Creative sound cards in the past. I do not know much about the Auzentech, but from what I can see it has good reviews.

Also I have seen great reviews from the people I know who use Win7. It's your choice, it's only my opinion I'm telling you, I'm not trying forcing you to buy/do anything you don't want to. If you think Vista is best for you, that's the only thing that matters is what you think.
__________________
4670K @ 4.4GHz 1.18v | GA-Z87X-UD4H | 8GB G. Skill 1866 | 128GB Crucial M4 | 750GB WD Caviar Black | MSI 7850 Twin Frozr | Megahalems | 650TX | CM690
Nubbleet is offline  
Old 07-12-2009, 04:29 AM   #28 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 25
Default Re: Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballer044 View Post
I recommended the RAM/MoBo because I helped a friend of mine build his i7 build, and he used that RAM and the P6T Deluxe V2, and has very good results. I suggested the HD4850 because it is 1GB, and the 512MB model compares to the GTS250. So the 4850 1GB would be a much better choice over the GTS250 512MB. I recommended the Creative, because it was a good price, and I have had good experiences with Creative sound cards in the past. I do not know much about the Auzentech, but from what I can see it has good reviews.

Also I have seen great reviews from the people I know who use Win7. It's your choice, it's only my opinion I'm telling you, I'm not trying forcing you to buy/do anything you don't want to. If you think Vista is best for you, that's the only thing that matters is what you think.
Thank you very much for your reply. I hope I didn't come off on the wrong side. I like to know how people experience the products for my own learning. Oh, you are not forcing me, I need as much detailed info as possible so I can make informed decision on this build.

Someone highly recommended these. What are your thoughts?

What do you think about this one....HT | OMEGA CLARO 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail Newegg.com - HT | OMEGA CLARO 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

What about this Video card? EVGA 512-P3-1150-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-1150-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I am hearing enough good things about Win 7 RC to make a decision. I happened by the grace of God, put a copy of the Win 7 upgrade promotion into the shopping cart at Amazon.com and when I happend to go back there after it expired, it was still in the shopping cart for the promotion price. So, I bought it. The only thing I don't know if it is the 64bit version or not. Does Win7 come in 32 or 64bit? So, I am going to go with the Win7 RC for now and upgrade to the real version when it comes out. Gotta hope for the best.
rocknje is offline  
Old 07-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #29 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 25
Default Re: Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

Another update. I bought the Window7 Prof upgrade from Amazon.com because I happened to get the promotion price at $99 upgrade of win 7.

Since I decided to late, I wasn't able to get the deal thru Newegg.com. I happended to put it in the shopping cart before it expired and happened to go back to amazon.com and I realized it was still there. So, done deal. I will go with the RC Version and once I get the retail version of Win 7 I will upgrade from there.

One thing I am not sure about is, which it doesn't state on the website that if it is 64 bit or not. Does Win 7 come in both 32 or 64 bit? I will probably have to send an email to Amazon.com to find out.

So, once again I am going to go with the Windows 7 RC version. I have heard enough good stuff about it that I am willing to go this route. Unless, somebody has a different suggestion.

Thank you again.
rocknje is offline  
Old 07-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #30 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
hikaricloud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 6,220
Default Re: Building System, Stuck on Motherboard etc.

Get this stuff:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

That plus your Scout and the i7 should equal out about 600 bucks. You'll need to spend more if you want a video card...I thought you already had one. You don't need a sound card, either.

Win7 has 32 and 64bit, yes.
__________________

__________________
R.I.P. Ronald C. "Bucky" Buck
3/13/1949 - 11/30/2010
Poizen22 - in all honesty id prefetr my pics get passed around then send perform some homo erotic sexual deed.
thirdshiftdj - what on earth are you trying to say???
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM or IM.
If I helped you out, or what I just said rocked you like a hurricane, hit the little thingie over there.
<-------------------------------
hikaricloud is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm Back and Building a New System :) Slam'n Systems New Systems | Building and Buying 18 05-22-2009 04:13 PM
First Time Build(er), Mainstream/Enthusiast System, 1000 (UK) Jewels New Systems | Building and Buying 18 04-21-2009 11:39 AM
Building new system but which CPU? / Suggestions welcome. vikenk System Upgrades 17 04-08-2009 01:35 PM
Building a system - Linux base, multiple VMwares fl703 New Systems | Building and Buying 7 02-12-2009 05:42 PM
Building Phenom II System SiZcO New Systems | Building and Buying 23 01-28-2009 05:38 AM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.