Building System - Memory Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jowens

Baseband Member
Ok - I am almost through building my computer. Everything appears to be working. However when I open up control panel and go to system it says that I have a AMD 4000+ which is correct. But it says that I have 2.75GB of RAM. I have installed 4 1GB chips.

This is my mother board:
MB DFI|NF4 LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR RT - Retail (Qty=1,Price=$198.00)

This is my memory:
OCZ DUAL 2G(1Gx2) DDR 400 RT - Retail (Qty=2,Price=$539.90)

Is something wrong? Also when the computer is first turned on a screen briefly pops up which mentions the memory and sayd DDR 333 ---- shouldn't it say 400?

Thanks!

In the manual it states that if you are running 4 sticks of double sided RAM the max speed is 333MHZ.

See the manual here , go to page #21.... :)

By the way, what do you need 4 GIG if RAM for??

hercules_upw said:
In the manual it states that if you are running 4 sticks of double sided RAM the max speed is 333MHZ.

See the manual here , go to page #21.... :)

By the way, what do you need 4 GIG if RAM for??

That is untrue with current hardware. When the manual was written (before the interduction of venice core) you could only run 4x sticks at 333.

But now, you can manually change the memory divider to 1:1

I changed the speed in my bios to 400 and I got the memory working. I called the motherboard tech number. He had me flash the bios and said that 64 bit operating systems will show the 4 gigs but windows xp won't. With flashing the bios my computer now shows 3.25MB instead of 2.75MB.

Yeah windows gets a little ****y when you have more then 2 Gigs I believe. But honestly.... I wouldn't worry... 3.25GB of ram is insane.

Also, whats your AGP Apeture in the BIOS? take 4096-X (X being what it is), and does it come out to 3328 by chance? Kist a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom