Building a server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
I have been thinking of building my self a new computer for some time now. I already have the housing but now I am thinking about the components that I am going to put into it.

The last time I asked this I got a bit confused so do not get upset with me. I was told to get the E8400 processor because you can overclock it and it generates less heat. Back than I did not think much about that so I got confused and all. Now though I looked up at some heat sinks and I realized that I could maybe get a quad core processor and overclock it despite the fact that it generates more heat than the E8400. So what do you think? I am going to get a really good heat sink and a good thermal paste so would going for the quad core be a better idea than the E8400. Or should I just go for the AMD x4 and be done with it. What do you think. Is quad core worth the risk? I am not going to go for the i7. I just think it is too expensive right now unless I wait for a while. You tell me what you think I should do? I just want a really powerful rig to do all kinds of stuff especially virtualization!:D

Now for the graphic card I was thinking of going for some thing like Sapphire HD5670 1 GB GDDR5 but I want to mount a cool vga cooler on it. I was thinking that would look cool as opposed to going for some thing like the GTX 275.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom