Building a rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chem_opa19

Solid State Member
I'm planning on buying all the parts at once from a local computer shop. I'm friends with the guys that work there and they know quite a bit about what they do so I respect their opinions. I've got some knowledge of hardware too. Check out what I'm planning on getting so far and tell me what you think. :)

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, 2.13 GHz 26400

-Intel Motherboard BOXDG965RYCK G965 Express LGA775 FSB1066MHz 4DDR2 SATA Video Audio GbE Lan IEEE1394a ATX

-Corsair Memory 1GB PC-2-5300 DDR2

-SEAGATE 320GB Int 3.5-in SATA 3G HDD 7200rpm 16mb

-AOpen DVDRW

-Microsoft Windows XP Media Center '05 w/ Vista Upgrade Coup.

-Thermaltake VB1000BWS Soprano mid-tower ATX White Chassis

-BGF GeForce 7900GS OC 256MB PCI-E Dual DVI

Any thoughts or comments would be much appreciated. ;)

Looks good, if you're not doing alot of overclocking....what about power supply?

What kind of things would you suggest is I wanted to over clock a little bit?

Haven't decided on the power supply yet. How many watts should I go for?

The memory will let you overclock a little bit, however I would take faster memory since the difference betweeen 5300-6400 is said to be much more noticeable than 4200-5300. I don't know how far that Intel motherboard can go and how stable it will be, but I know that Asus P5B series and Gigabyte P965-D3 are king of the overclockers.

If you're on a tight budget you could drop the cpu to E6300 to afford the faster RAM (there's not much price difference between speeds) or maybe a 7950GT videocard although that would just be my preference.

Good power supply brands to look for are Antec, Fortron/FSP, Seasonic, Enermax, Tagan, Hiper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom