Building Quard Core sys, need HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikitaha

Baseband Member
hey guys i've decide to buy a complete new rig and found this components.. i'm not sure whether they're all compatible so can the experts here help me out and see if this rig will work??

I'm using this rig to do some video editing, some casual gaming and hope this rig can last 3 -4 years performing acceptably...

Gigabyte P35-DS3P 1394 & Intel Q6600

PowerColor HD2600XT 256MB DDR4 (maybe when i really need i can buy another for crossfire??) or XpVision GF8600GTS 256MB DDR3 TD ??

PC 5300 Kingston DDR2 667 CL5 x 2

WD 320GB 16mb x 1

LG H44N 18x DVD+-RW Super Multi DvD Writer

CM 690 or CM Mystique 631??

LG 22” L226WQT (i think there's a 5000:1 new version)

MS Windows VISTA Home Premium

PSU??

Creative T6060 or Creative T7900 - Can the 7.1 sound system utilize the onboard sound card?

And i've a couple of questions too...

1) Is there such things as 32bit and 64bit processor and motherboard or is the difference between 32bit OS and 64bit OS??

2) Shld i overclock the processor from the start (since it void warranty? )and do i need to add more fans juz to overclock or i can juz fine tune to increase performance w/o it getting too hot? (sorry i'm a total noob in overclocking)

3) Are there any other motherboard recommendation within that area or is really value for money?

4) Crossfire requires two graphics card to be exactly same or u can use 2 different cards that support crossfire?

5) Since i'm a casual gamer, is it recommended that i buy card like HD2600XT and when i need extra power i'll juz get another card to add on?

6) How much power will i need for crossfire and a bit of overclocking? wat's wif True or Real power and normal power?

7) If i install a high voltage PSU and my system doesn't draw so much voltage, will it continue to consume at the highest voltage or only the amt i'm using?

Really hope u guys can help me out wif the questions and selections of parts.. thanks alot in advance...

always overclock... get an 8800gts 320mb since its only 100$ more than a 8600gts, and owns it...

64bit OS's can have support for more RAM, but less driver support, don't get the p35-ds3p, just get the p35-ds3l (if u don't need raid) or ds3r (if you do) u can use 2 diff cards for crossfire, but its better to buy 1 really good graphic card then two crappy ones, add a corsair 520, and SLi/Crossfire isn't worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom