Building Phenom II System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanna build a Phenom II system.. but i heard all the Mobo you have to Bios Flash it for it to even boot up.. another words you have to put an old CPU to boot it up then change it out to update bios etc... is there a motherboard that is out.. where you can get your parts put it all together and it boot up right and do right.. without doing bios flash and all that?

Most support Phenom II natively...

A decent Phenom II with a good 790GX or SB 750 would be a great Phenom II build

people on newegg are full of fail.

failboat.jpg

CASE: Newegg.com - Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Mobo: Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX A2+ AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
CPU: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 940 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 125W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor - Processors - Desktops
RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory X2
HDD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar GP WD5000AACS 500GB 5400 to 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

I'm minute from ordering... but i need a good PSU one with atleast 2 PCIe 6pin.. and also is my memory fine? will it register and show as 8gb on x64 or not? and im gonna combo the cpu and mobo to get 40 bucks off.. but was just showing links.. im using my old HD 4870 video card.. and already have my DVD burner.. and also what is a good HSF so i can overclock this to atleast 3.6-3.8? Thanks in advance..

Looks good... I hope you are ordering the combo deal of the Board and CPU and not them separately...

For the PSU: Corsair 650tx, PC Power and Cooling 610w

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Get that.. its a beastly PSU, and its cheap! plus you get a free 4gb flash drive lol

Yeah im gonna combo the cpu and mobo.. just did that just to show links.. but if i order the two of the gskill for 8gb it should show and work as 8gb in x64 with no problem right? ive only used 4gb before... and nice PSU :p i was gonna go with the one alot of people been telling me which was the pink one from PC power & Cooling.. but hated the pink.. like your choice alot better....

Any idea what Heatsink/fan i should use for OC'in? and will that PSU be enough to run everything and my 4870 plus 5-6 fans in the case?

8GB is a bit overkill...4GB is fine.. ;)

PSU is more than sufficient...

um... Maybe the Xigmatek CPU Cooler or the Core Contact Freezer

been awhile sense my last build... but most of you guys use Thermal right? does most of the newer cpu coolers come with a Thermal pad? or should it just already be clean for Thermal greese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom