Building a pc for my mom - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2017, 02:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Building a pc for my mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
I don't see the point in spending more money just to build.
I enjoy civil discussions

Everyone spends more on something somewhere sometime that they don't need. (cough apple cough lol had to) be it a fast car when they never speed or shiny car wheels. name brand power tools when a harbor freight will collect dust on a shelve just as well. as you brought up the subject of phones that's a good one. the PC market is a hot bed of spending more money on style and color matching. i had a kick at looking thru the ram at the heat spreaders

As i've said a few times i understand what you're saying a off the shelve pc would get the same job done. I'm rather having fun hunting thru newegg for things and i've yet to spend a penny I'm still looking thru parts and prices at this point im under 400 and no rebates to worry about

Randomguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Default Re: Building a pc for my mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy1 View Post
I enjoy civil discussions

Everyone spends more on something somewhere sometime that they don't need. (cough apple cough lol had to) be it a fast car when they never speed or shiny car wheels. name brand power tools when a harbor freight will collect dust on a shelve just as well. as you brought up the subject of phones that's a good one. the PC market is a hot bed of spending more money on style and color matching. i had a kick at looking thru the ram at the heat spreaders

As i've said a few times i understand what you're saying a off the shelve pc would get the same job done. I'm rather having fun hunting thru newegg for things and i've yet to spend a penny I'm still looking thru parts and prices at this point im under 400 and no rebates to worry about
At the end of the day it is your money and your decision. I know if I could have parted up a build for the same money as the one I ordered I would have built it myself, but since I couldn't I went with the pre-built refurb. If it was for my own personal use I would have built it anyway.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote