Building a pc for my mom

I don't see the point in spending more money just to build.
I enjoy civil discussions

Everyone spends more on something somewhere sometime that they don't need. (cough apple cough lol had to) be it a fast car when they never speed or shiny car wheels. name brand power tools when a harbor freight will collect dust on a shelve just as well. as you brought up the subject of phones that's a good one. the PC market is a hot bed of spending more money on style and color matching. i had a kick at looking thru the ram at the heat spreaders

As i've said a few times i understand what you're saying a off the shelve pc would get the same job done. I'm rather having fun hunting thru newegg for things and i've yet to spend a penny I'm still looking thru parts and prices at this point im under 400 and no rebates to worry about

Last edited:
I enjoy civil discussions

Everyone spends more on something somewhere sometime that they don't need. (cough apple cough lol had to) be it a fast car when they never speed or shiny car wheels. name brand power tools when a harbor freight will collect dust on a shelve just as well. as you brought up the subject of phones that's a good one. the PC market is a hot bed of spending more money on style and color matching. i had a kick at looking thru the ram at the heat spreaders

As i've said a few times i understand what you're saying a off the shelve pc would get the same job done. I'm rather having fun hunting thru newegg for things and i've yet to spend a penny I'm still looking thru parts and prices at this point im under 400 and no rebates to worry about

At the end of the day it is your money and your decision. I know if I could have parted up a build for the same money as the one I ordered I would have built it myself, but since I couldn't I went with the pre-built refurb. If it was for my own personal use I would have built it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom