Building a PC for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

clark33

In Runtime
Hi,

I was wondering how easy it is to build a new PC from scratch. My knowledge of IT is about mid-level I would say, i've opened up cases to install RAM but that's about all the experience I have. I do know all the parts that make up a PC and generally where they would go. Im not 100% sure on intercompatibility or if it's just pick in mix the stuff.

So, would I be wasting my time - or should I take the plunge? any advice much appreciated.

Building yourself is very very easy. Things can't fit where they don't belong. It's rewarding, less expensive than buying a pre-built, and you gain a lot of knowlegdge (and who knows, maybe a new hobby). A saying that floats around here sometimes is "If you can put legos together, then you can put a PC together." ;)

You should definitely take the plunge and build it your self. It is not that hard at all. There are plenty of guides that take you step by step with photos.

What kind of budget do you have?

Sounds good then, think i'll go for it. Budget would be around £500 couldnt go much above that - so think i'd be able to build a really decent mid-range pc with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom