Hello,

So heres what im looking to get:
NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - 60
ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail150
EVGA 640-P2-N829-AR GeForce 8800GTS SSC 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI E220
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor220
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual150
Windows Vista Ultimate

I have two questions: First how big of a power supply will i need, i have a 450w and im not really sure if i need something bigger.

2) As far as the hardware is there anything i should rethink about getting. Everything looked solid and had good reviews, but not sure if I actually choose the right mb considering i can't sli with it.

Get the 512mb version of the 8800gts. Its newer and better.

I'm not great with psu stuff but I would think you need more. Plus amps on the 12v rails matter at least as much as the wattage so when looking for a psu make sure you get a good amount.

Wattage doesn't matter

12v Amperage does... I'm sure that the 12v Rails on that 450w PSU probably is BS

get the 512mb of the GTS (and don't give me crap about that GTS we're recommending to be worse than the 640mb, because RAM doesn't make the performance, the 640mb GTS is less in performance than the 8800gt)

Don't get 8gb (is that what you mean by dual?) you don't need it

If you want SLI and a good chipset together, try a 750i FTW

I wouldn't get vista, even though they have updates its just unnecessary in my opinion.

Yeah get the 8800GTS G92 512MB

He will need to upgrade to Vista in the future so y waste on 2 os cd while u will end up with vista

drop to just 4gb or even 2gb of ram.
get the pc power and cooling 610w.
It is really up to you when it come between xp and vista. If you do get vista don't waste your money on ultimate...get home premium 64bit

don't you need an hdd?

Appreciate the input men... ill def look into the 512 version of the vid card and i think min ill go with ps is 700w, but not 100% sure at this point. I have a 200 mb sata hdd in my old rig im gonna use for now. I have 1tb of external space anyway so i should be ok. Does anyone know the actual difference between 64 reg vista and premium off hand?

Ok so I'm going with the 512mb version of the vid card now, good input.
Thirdshift, now im guessing the later link of the ram you suggested is newer, because i see them as having the exact same stats.

again this helps and is most appreciated.
thnx,
hi.im.new

drop to just 4gb or even 2gb of ram.
get the pc power and cooling 610w.
It is really up to you when it come between xp and vista. If you do get vista don't waste your money on ultimate...get home premium 64bit

don't you need an hdd?

Whats wrong with Vista Ultimate since im thinking of getting that one

Because its got the Business features and Home Features which are nice, but it isn't worth it... plus the Vista Ultimate extra's are not worth it either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom