building new system

Status
Not open for further replies.
System looks god, but I just want to clear some things up:

1. Why are you going from an already bought 480W PSU, to a $39 420W PSU??

2. I know your hard drive isn't the fastest in the world with only a 2Mb cache, but you might want to consider getting another one exactly like it, and put them in a RAID function as your motherboard is capable of it? It would be cheaper and you get an additional 40Gb compared to that 80Gb Seagate.

3. Your buying another 6600GT without buying an SLi capable motherboard? Surely keeping your very good overclocked 6600GT would be way more beneficial??

4. Why don't you just spend that little bit more (i.e. the savings from not buying a less powerful PSU) on your motherboard to get an SLi and put the new 6600GT in there to almost double your performance in the graphics section?

5. All the items you put down in your list come to $611.49 without shipping and tax, so you may need to ammend some stuff in there.

Hope all that helps!

let see

1) DFI nF4 SLI-DR - 199

2) OCZ platinum revision 2 - 169

3)SEAGate barracuda 80GB sata150 - 65

5)processor 146

TOTAL - 576 dollars

now psu

*THESE ARE ALL SLI READY*

enermax 535W power supply - 89

enermax 600W power supply - 144

OCZ powerstream SLI w. adjustable rails - 193

pcpowerandcooling 510W psu SLI ready - 218

ANTEC truepower SLi ready 550W - 135

^480W version - 118

i didnt mean to put the bump there lol i was thinking i was in the forsale section on one of my other posts lol sorry .ok 6600gt in sli (the decived) would not do anything, maybe it would get me a high 3dmark score but it would not get more than a 10fps difference in gaming so why waste 160 on another 6600gt and the extra cost on a sli capable motherboard, and my powersupply i have now sucks its 480 watt yes but its generic and is only 16 amps to the 12volt rail, so the one i included in the link its a bit more amps and a reliable name brand,as i have heard powersupplys can burn up motherboards and hardware. my processor now compares to a 3.3ghz pentium 4. an amd athlon 64 venice socket 939 overclocked to 2.7ghz in reviews ive read is not far behind a fx 57 (sandra2005) but the 3000 venice is lacking the large cache. and the total of all this stuff maybe did come out to 611$ but im getting the memory for 70$ from my brother not 123$ on newegg. and i maybe could get a used processor on ebay for 20 bucks cheaper. so i could just forget that one from newegg for 146$

burned-ati said:
i didnt mean to put the bump there lol i was thinking i was in the forsale section on one of my other posts lol sorry .ok 6600gt in sli (the decived) would not do anything, maybe it would get me a high 3dmark score but it would not get more than a 10fps difference in gaming so why waste 160 on another 6600gt and the extra cost on a sli capable motherboard, and my powersupply i have now sucks its 480 watt yes but its generic and is only 16 amps to the 12volt rail, so the one i included in the link its a bit more amps and a reliable name brand,as i have heard powersupplys can burn up motherboards and hardware. my processor now compares to a 3.3ghz pentium 4. an amd athlon 64 venice socket 939 overclocked to 2.7ghz in reviews ive read is not far behind a fx 57 (sandra2005) but the 3000 venice is lacking the large cache. and the total of all this stuff maybe did come out to 611$ but im getting the memory for 70$ from my brother not 123$ on newegg. and i maybe could get a used processor on ebay for 20 bucks cheaper. so i could just forget that one from newegg for 146$

18A on the thermaltake BIG difference from 16 yup

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148005

i have this 48 dollars after rebate. it has like 28A on 12V line.

anyways why buy a new video card, use your old one?

lol never mind, is your mobo a nF2 ultra. mobo. lol. ok so scratch that out.

well since im going to socket 939 most motherboards are pciexpress so im proubly going to get a refurbished 6600gt pci express card, for like 125 and it would be better and cheaper at the same time

but yes with my rig in my sig im scoring 3800 in 3dmark05 and 8350 in 3dmark03,so i think i would be stomping with the system im gonna proubly be upgrading to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom