Building new PC need some help choosing MOBO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
I'm planning on making another computer and I want your opinion about what you think:

(Note: This PC I'm making is under a budget of $750 + shipping)
(Please feel free to give me any feedback, opinion, any changes are welcome)

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3750640AS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA-300 Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N980-AR GeForce 9800 GT Hybrid Power 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

I could use some help choosing the MOBO, of all the component the most pain in the butt is the MOBO honestly, if you guys can help choosing a MOBO I would appreciate. Oh and I will be overclocking.

PS: This PC will be mostly for gaming and bluray movies video playback.
Don't worry about the mouse, keyboard, monitor, DVD drives e.c.t, those part are unnecessary at the moment.

Thank you for your time :)

I'm planning on making another computer and I want your opinion about what you think:

(Note: This PC I'm making is under a budget of $750 + shipping)
(Please feel free to give me any feedback, opinion, any changes are welcome)

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3750640AS 750GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA-300 Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N980-AR GeForce 9800 GT Hybrid Power 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

I could use some help choosing the MOBO, of all the component the most pain in the butt is the MOBO honestly, if you guys can help choosing a MOBO I would appreciate. Oh and I will be overclocking.

PS: This PC will be mostly for gaming and bluray movies video playback.
Don't worry about the mouse, keyboard, monitor, DVD drives e.c.t, those part are unnecessary at the moment.

Thank you for your time :)

AMD has taken the GPU Crown... so I'd recommend an HD 4830 in place of the 9800GT and that drive for the 7200.11

I haven't following ATI for some time but can you guys tell me which video card the ATI 4850 is compared or which is the direct competition from Nvidia?

I didn't know the ATI cards have HDMI integrated (that is a plus) I'm gonna be watching 1080p movies on my Samsung 46" thats one of the main reasons I'm building this computer.

Also I liked that Gigabyte MOBO but the only thing that I don't like about it is that It doesn't have any warranty except for the 30 days of newegg.

gigabyte does have warranty.
3 years

"Motherboards

o All motherboards carry a 3 year limited warranty (First 2 years parts & labor, 3rd year parts only)"

The direct competitor of the 4850 is the 9800GTX+...they are about the same performance (the 9800GTX leads in a few TWIMTBP games)...but personally, I think the 4850 is the better card all around. It has more raw power so you can apply AA liberally...and in my opinion it has better IQ both in 2D and 3D mode.

However, they are both great cards and you'll be happy with either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom